Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Walking Dead

Can't find the old TV thread but for anyone who dosen't know Walking Dead series three starts Friday 10pm on FX.

Sorry if if these has already been posted.

Really looking forward to it.

Comments

• Brill, thanks for that, I'm always missing stuff like that unless someone mentions it.
  • Lost interest in the second series, had so much potential but was just going round in circles
  • colthe3rd said:

Lost interest in the second series, had so much potential but was just going round in circles

Each to there own.

But have to say that I found this one of the best things on TV ever.

• Totally agree, down to personal preference. Think I had too high hopes for second
  • 2nd series suffered from budget cuts and quarrels between frank dabaront and the producers, still enjoyed it but could do with picking up the pace a bit in series 3
  • Watched the first one last next. Liked it.
  • Completely agree that this is one of the best things I have ever seen on the box. Absolutely quality casting
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShQz68Zkb3Y - If anyone can look me in the eye and tell me that does not look amazing I will eat my foot ... luckily i'm too far Norf for someone to do that but I am so pumped for the new series!

I thought the second season started OK, dipped in the middle then ended on a massive high. It looks like they're heading towards being in line with the graphic novels in this 3rd season which I can tell you, will be explosive.
  • such a good tv series ive read up on the third series and it sounds amazing a must watch some great new characters too
  • Completely agree that this is one of the best things I have ever seen on the box. Absolutely quality casting

Rick's good - though a bit of a poor man's Viggo Mortensen. Thought Shane was fantastic, and the bloke who used to be married to Helena Christensen (can't remember his name - the redneck) is superb. I can take or leave the main female lead, but Laurie Holden is badass - like she is in everything - and if Rooker is really back for all of S3, that will put the icing on the cake. I've seen him in some real shit over the years, but I'll never forget his performance in Henry: Portrait Of A Serial Killer, and when he's good in something, he is absolutely on fire.

• Sponsored links:

• edited October 2012

I can take or leave the main female lead,

I can't effing stand her and her character spoils the show a bit for me. The pregnancy storyline is a bit tired as well imo. It's a great show overall though.

Season 3 episode 1 premiers here in an hour - 7 pm believe it or not... no watershed out here!

I'll let you all know if it's any good, but it should be available for download pretty soon after.

• Well all I can say is if you found the last series too slow paced, you shouldn't have any issues with the first episode of series 3. 'Kin awesome.
  • Well all I can say is if you found the last series too slow paced, you shouldn't have any issues with the first episode of series 3. 'Kin awesome.

Really looking forward to Friday.

Bit sad really, wishing your life away to watch a TV programme.

Must be my age.

• This is something I'd not heard about until recently and is on my 'to watch' list...........
  • This is something I'd not heard about until recently and is on my 'to watch' list...........

Definately worth starting from series 1 to build up the storyline.

Plus it won't take long as series 1 was only six episodes and then twelve in series 2.

If you like zombie type stuff I think you'll love it.

It's not a blood fest but has some great twists and turns and make you jump moments.

• I'll definitely watch it, but the second series went round in circles.

Read a review at the weekend that says more zombies killed in this first episode than the whole of series 2 put together! I'm really looking forward to it, even though s2 was a bit slow in places.

Must be my age.

What channel is it on?

Must be my age.

What channel is it on?
    FX
  • Kirkman is a legend,
  • Sponsored links:

• I can take or leave the main female lead,

I can't effing stand her and her character spoils the show a bit for me. The pregnancy storyline is a bit tired as well imo. It's a great show overall though.

Me too. Very annoying woman.

The little boy grates me aswell. He is living in a zombie apocalypse, Rick needs to keep him in check with a few back hands.

Red neck is the best character.
  • Watched the first episode online, really good , so much more action, however the axe scene at the end where he cut off Hershey's leg was really gory
  • Watched the first episode online, really good , so much more action, however the axe scene at the end where he cut off Hershey's leg was really gory

Where?

Where?
    http://www.amctv.com/shows/the-walking-dead
  • Fiiiiiish said:

I can take or leave the main female lead,

Me too. Very annoying woman.

The little boy grates me aswell. He is living in a zombie apocalypse, Rick needs to keep him in check with a few back hands.

Red neck is the best character.
    All I'm saying is... he is NOT like that in the comics. At all.
  • @thenewbie

Have you seen the computer game regarding the story of the walking dead? I've heard that is alot like the comics.
  • Computer game? You mean the point and click one available on xbox 360 marketplace/psn? It's not very much like the comics really mate, completely different story. It is however a very very good game, being a point and click might put some people off but it is properly good, you care a lot about the characters and the decisions you have to make are difficult at time, it affects how the story progresses as well which adds an extra twist. You get a good chunk of gameplay for how much it costs as well.
  • Just watched it. STRONG start.

Spoiler alert: a whole buncha zombies get chopped the f*** up :)
  • Fiiiiiish said:

@thenewbie

Have you seen the computer game regarding the story of the walking dead? I've heard that is alot like the comics.

No I haven't. Do intend to give it a try though.
  • yeh the game's good do well to progress characters storylines. think its cheeky as fu** to charge for each episode though.