Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Green Day Billie Joe freaks out at the I Heart Radio Music Festival

I don't think he was pleased!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9zogQOmQVM

Comments

• Go on Billie!
  • so 1970's !!!!!!!!!! Pete Townsend was doing that 40 years ago !!
  • I think he might regret smashing his guitar up for more than one f*#@ing minute...
  • In the time he was swearing the odds he could've been playing another number - tw*t.
  • He could have at least varied the swearing. Poor show.
  • Guitar 1 - 0 Billie Joe

Did anyone else feel embarrassed for the guy when the guitar pretty much took the beating?
  • LuckyReds said:

Guitar 1 - 0 Billie Joe

Did anyone else feel embarrassed for the guy when the guitar pretty much took the beating?

Does rather ruin the effect when the guitar refuses to disintegrate.

Good digit just before that.
  • edited September 2012
    Give the lad a break...he's just lost half his set to an usher ffs!!!! ;-)

Good promo for the new album tomorrow :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Ooooh rawk n roll! Think he's got used to being pampered and getting his own way, big baby.

Whilst we're talking about Green Day, I have two 7" of theirs,pressed on coloured vinyl from about 1989, any ideas on value?
  • Ooooh rawk n roll! Think he's got used to being pampered and getting his own way, big baby.

Whilst we're talking about Green Day, I have two 7" of theirs,pressed on coloured vinyl from about 1989, any ideas on value?

Not much ;-) I'll have them for free though
  • Good old Gibson guitars, they just don't break good quality shit. Worth a good few bob as awell but it's not like Green Day have to pay for their kit. But yeah, I didn't even like Green Day when I was pre-teen so they can fuck off. Even if Billie did have a point because cutting your set in half for Usher of all people is harsh. But that's what you get for writing abominations like American Idiot.
  • Should have sold more records, shouldn't he? If they were better and more popular, they'd shove Usher aside for them, not the other way around.
  • Anyone else ever feel as though Americans always struggle to come across as 'genuine' in their anger when rock stars and celebrities etc go on rants like this.

All the phrases he's using seem a little pre meditated and lacking any real passion.

"You're going to give ME one minute? I've been around since 1988!"

Oh, so all about you is it Billie? Not the band?
  • Should have sold more records, shouldn't he? If they were better and more popular, they'd shove Usher aside for them, not the other way around.

They've sold more. If they've been around for 25 years then I think they've sold enough to make a living.

And if you hadn't noticed, all this r'n'b and crap and hip hoppy stuff is more popular over rock, so not alot people can do about it.

• Whilst we're talking about Green Day, I have two 7" of theirs,pressed on coloured vinyl from about 1989, any ideas on value?

Depends a lot on their condition.

They are selling for about £70 on discogs - near mint condition

green day green vinyl

green day pink vinyl
  • according to wiki both have sold approx 65 million records.....not bad either way
    love both myself
  • Jesus, what an unbearable prick.

They might have been around since 1988 but they haven't released a decent record for over 10 years. He's on sticky ground getting precious about Bieber seeing as their music has become incredibly generic mainstream punk-rock..
  • Great example of why I'm so glad we finally seem to have moved on from the whole indie/rock/whatever you wanna call it THIS YEAR craze that seems to have dominated the mainstream music industry for the last decade. Absolute moron.
  • Sponsored links:

They might have been around since 1988 but they haven't released a decent record for over 10 years. He's on sticky ground getting precious about Bieber seeing as their music has become incredibly generic mainstream punk-rock..

I bet you haven't listened to any of their records in the past 10 years, tosser
  • Statement from Green Day:
    Billie Joe is seeking treatment for substance abuse. We would like everyone to know that our set was not cut short by Clear Channel and to apologize to those we offended at the iHeartRadio Festival in Las Vegas. We regretfully must postpone some of our upcoming promotional appearances.

I'm sure you meant 'fellow Charlton fan' rather than 'tosser'.

Well that's where you'd be wrong Nathan. I may or may not be a tosser (not that you'd know either way having never met me) but I've listened to plenty of Greenday and they've become rather bland imho.

Musical taste is very subjective though so if you still like em, fair enough.

All that aside, absolutely no need for his rather embarrassing outburst just cos someone's bruised his precious ego and being off his chops on something-or-other is no excuse.
  • @rufusisadogsname thanks for the info. Mine are probably excellent. I'll keep them safe for a rainy day.
  • I liked Green Day until they wrote a concept album and forgot that they're an amusing pop-punk band instead of some kind of socially conscious supergroup. They have an album named after poo, I'm not interested in their opinions on American politics. As a result when they complain they aren't being taken seriously you have to laugh
  • They've moved away from the political side since 2009, opinion = invalid
  • I bet I know who their biggest fan is....
  • They've moved away from the political side since 2009, opinion = invalid

Sorry but the real Green Day vanished years ago.

When I went to see them 14 years ago at Brixton they were at their peak. Songs like Going to Pasalaqua, Welcome to Paradise, One of my Lies, Paper Lanterns and Burnout trash any of the stuff they do now.

Maybe I am getting sentimental as I hit my 30s, but things changed for me after they released American Idiot and a load of new young uns turned up at Milton Keynes and sat there not knowing the words when they started playing Longview

• I bet I know who their biggest fan is....

It just annoys me when people don't back up their so called "facts"