Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The way I see it (Please don't read if you continue to believe all is well)

There is no doubt in my mind that at the end of last season Powell would have had a list of 5 or 6 players that he wanted. Those players would have significantly improved the squad and I think would have seen us challenging for the title this season. Unfortunately the cash ran out (literally) which means we are now struggling & will continue to do so. The importance of 5 or 6 better players this season cannot be underestimated!!

On a side note, it will be interesting to look back on Airman Browns statement at the end of this season & see how accurate it actually was. My guess is it will be pretty on the mark!

I am still very worried about the future of our squad & our club & I will continue to be so until proven otherwise!!

Sorry for the negative post peeps, just how I feel!!

Comments

• oh god, another thread....yes I read the title but curiosity got the better of me!
  • oh god, another thread....yes I read the title but curiosity got the better of me!

My bad. As soon as I pressed send I realised this should have gone in the 'Negativity' thread
  • BAN HIM !!!
  • Oggy Red said:

BAN HIM !!!

Don't be so negative... :P
  • "On a side note, it will be interesting to look back on Airman Browns statement at the end of this season & see how accurate it actually was. My guess is it will be pretty on the mark!"

What was said here?
  • back to selhurst
  • dave85 said:

back to selhurst

yeah sorry I forgot anyone who has a negative few on the way our club is being run and has genuine concerns about our future must be a WUM!! (rolls eyes)
  • What did airman say?
  • On July 7 Airman said:

Personally as of today I would be happy to start and end the season with the current manager, the current squad and finish 21st. However, that isn't living within our means, it will require funding'.

Basically what he was saying was, without significant investment, we would struggle to stay up, lose some of our best players & even our manager.

I still believe this to be the case but that is only my view!
  • We had money for Fuller and by all accounts are supplying NRC with Sandwiches and Lucozade while he keeps his match fitness before moving on.