Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Swearing at a football match ?

edited September 2012 in General Charlton
Where does everyone stand on swearing at a football, i no a girl who thinks its shameful.

Comments

• Sorry but what do you expect? It does depend on what stand your in but overall i see no issue.
  • Have been guilty of some proper filthy language in the past but as I've got older I've learnt to curb it. Not totally but almost. Common decency innit.
  • it's a fucking disgraceful thing to do
  • There was a fair bit of it in the Family Stand on Friday night, and not just from the men.
  • i think its a f***ing outrage!!!!!
  • I do think if there is a stand where it is more or less banned then don't do it there, but otherwise it is fine. Get a bit bored when it's just teens wanting to shout c-unit at their manager/players/anyone.
  • rananegra said:

There was a fair bit of it in the Family Stand on Friday night, and not just from the men.

that performance was enuf to make a saint swear !!
  • STOP FUCKING SWEARING YOU LOT!!!!!!

Seriously though the way the lino performed on Friday I just had to get it out of my system and yes I probably swore excessively but its a part of football to be honest.
  • Sponsored links:

• STOP FUCKING SWEARING YOU LOT!!!!!!

Seriously though the way the lino performed on Friday I just had to get it out of my system and yes I probably swore excessively but its a part of football to be honest.

Yup
  • edited September 2012
    As soon as I walk into a football stadium I turn into Danny Dyer. Yes, I am propa nawty and I am a propa nawty swearer
  • Group of CAFC fans got thrown out in the North Lower standing up near the back for swearing. Bit of a joke considering Palace had flares and it didn't seem to be stopped.
  • Fuck sake.
  • heavenSE7 said:

Group of CAFC fans got thrown out in the North Lower standing up near the back for swearing. Bit of a joke considering Palace had flares and it didn't seem to be stopped.

only at charlton

• There is a bloke about six seats from me who is fing and cing throughout the game, to me thats unacceptable
  • it's football. My 6 year old and 9 year old know not to repeat what they hear . Its a passionate game. I do have a problem if a person stands up shouting the C word all game. that's out of order.
  • I do have a problem if a person stands up shouting the C word all game. that's out of order.

I do that when drunk, and only when drunk
  • Got thrown out years back from North Upper with 2 mates. We were playing Liverpool in the prem. All 3 of us got 1 game bans and were interviewed at the ground the week after about our language. Nothing more than an F or W here or there. Turned out it was an off duty copper that complained and no, he wasn't a season ticket holder. Stupid...
  • P_Air said:

Got thrown out years back from North Upper with 2 mates. We were playing Liverpool in the prem. All 3 of us got 1 game bans and were interviewed at the ground the week after about our language. Nothing more than an F or W here or there. Turned out it was an off duty copper that complained and no, he wasn't a season ticket holder. Stupid...

Was probably bullied at school, bless.
    Kap10 said:

There is a bloke about six seats from me who is fing and cing throughout the game, to me thats unacceptable

Where do you sit Kap10? I'm worried it might be me!

• Sponsored links:

• UpperWest, it also keeps us awake.
  • Kap10 said:

UpperWest, it also keeps us awake.

Very good !
  • Kap10 said:

UpperWest, it also keeps us awake.

Thank god for that, must be more than one of us then!
  • Kap10 said:

There is a bloke about six seats from me who is fing and cing throughout the game, to me thats unacceptable

Was it the bloke standing near the steps in WU J/K calling the team a bunch of F'ing Cs on Friday night as they were coming off at full time?

I thought that was a bit excessive

• Had some absolute muppets sitting in front of me on Friday night in the north lower. Comedy joey barton haircuts, moody polos and pathetic squeaky voices. Swearing in frustration is fair enough - but swearing non-stop for 90 minutes just to try and impress your dad is pretty sad. Still, they were at least a little less upsetting than the pilchard behind us who had the tactical nous of a lemon drizzle cake, but still shouted out his 'opinions' on where we were going wrong to everyone within 100 yards.
  • More concerned about your spelling.
  • heavenSE7 said:

Group of CAFC fans got thrown out in the North Lower standing up near the back for swearing. Bit of a joke considering Palace had flares and it didn't seem to be stopped.

Flares and dressed in black. Besides being wankers, unfashionable ones at that.
    Re swearing, i must admit to letting rip on friday and then being grassed up to mum when we got home. My boy then sang her the Adams family song.
  • think i was to shellshocked to do much swearing couldnt believe the dross i was watching but my two lads made up for it but not just for swearings sake.it was that bad ive had to take today off work cos i cant face the millwall and gillingham pikies i work with giving it all the billy big bollocks today.need some space!
  • Don't think Millwall will be too vocal after their result...
  • Do me a favor! It's part of the game, the players do it too! I don't think its right continuously and for no reason but its a passionate game - anyone effing and blinding our boys coming off a f/t needs to piss off and find another club, if you're not there to support the club in good and bad you're not welcome. I'm a Loyal supporter not like those 2bob fair weather fans.