Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Addicks chief not giving up on N'Guessan deal yet

Comments

• edited August 2012
    Looks to me like we will either get him for a small fee or on loan.
    I can see why Powell wants him, as he can play wide or upfront. Especially if Smith is going out on loan.
    Millwall may of course refuse to loan him to us, if they have the hump, that we wouldn't pay a fee.
  • We really really really don't need him. He is L1 standard at best. SCP walks on water but seems to see something in him which precious few of us have seen.
  • It might just be that he saw him every day for a few months in training & we didn't. Just a random guess.
  • Sign him up with Stephens purportedly on his way out this site needs a new whipping boy.
  • If we sign him, he won't get a game unless there is a nightmare injury crisis - in my opinion. Not good use of money.
  • If chrissy wants him then im more then happy for him to sign up.
  • Deadred said:

Sign him up with Stephens purportedly on his way out this site needs a new whipping boy.

I thought Wilson was shaping up for that.

• edited August 2012
    kodfish said:

Deadred said:

Sign him up with Stephens purportedly on his way out this site needs a new whipping boy.

Really? Thanks for the heads up kodfish I've only just returned to the site from my close season break. Nothing surprises me however even though imo he was one of Stevenage's stand out players at the Valley and what I saw of him in the play offs and other tv footage. They can share the load together then.
  • edited August 2012
    Deadred said:

kodfish said:

Deadred said:

Really? Thanks for the heads up kodfish I've only just returned to the site from my close season break. Nothing surprises me however even though imo he was one of Stevenage's stand out players at the Valley and what I saw of him in the play offs and other tv footage. They can share the load together then.
    Sadly opinion ( not mine ) has been made after one cup game and a 5 minute cameo v Leicester. I, like you thought he looked good for Stevenage and personally think he will be an asset, given a chance.
  • edited August 2012
    DNG fits the profile of undervalued player but potential to develop further with the right training.

And the player himself seems dead keen to come here.

SCP evidently sees something in him. He coached DNG at Leicester and brought him to The Valley for the final 2 months of last season.

What do we say on here?
    In SCP we trust.

;o)

• Sponsored links:

• PLEASE.JUST.GIVE.UP
  • Long season ahead, need the backup and if he's keen to come then at least he has the right attitude.
  • Millwall being a bit like a spoilt kid. They don't want DNG but cant bare for anyone else having him. Let them carry on paying his wages and not playing him. Very clever.
  • I like N'Guessan. 4 important goals in 7 games and good contribution to the team in general. He's not only a good goalscorer for us but he offers a decent option in the air out wide, which draws defenders away from Yann and makes us less one-dimensional. Quite why people insist he's a bad player or L1 standard I will never understand. But then fortunately these people don't run the club
  • I like N'Guessan. 4 important goals in 7 games and good contribution to the team in general. He's not only a good goalscorer for us but he offers a decent option in the air out wide, which draws defenders away from Yann and makes us less one-dimensional. Quite why people insist he's a bad player or L1 standard I will never understand. But then fortunately these people don't run the club

Glad to see we have some sensible charlton fans.

• or watch many games!
  • I don't really see where he fits in. I get that he might be useful as a squad player - but doesn't he want first team football? He'd be 4th or 5th choice striker. Out wide we've got plenty of options in Jackson, Cook, Kerkar, Pritchard, Wagstaff, Wilson and Green.
  • Take a look at his record guys:

Years Team Apps (Gls)
    2003–2005 Auxerre 0 (0)
    2005–2007 Rangers 0 (0)
    2006–2007 Boston Utd 23 (5)
    2007–2009 Lincoln City 91 (16)
    2009–2011 Leicester City 31 (3)
    2010 Scunthorpe Utd 3 (1)
    2011 Southampton 6 (0)
    2011 Millwall (loan) 1 (0)
    2011 Millwall 14 (3)
    2012 Charlton (loan) 7 (4)

Not exactly pulled up trees anywhere has he? Not good enough to hold down a steady place in a decent team. Can't get in the Millwall team. Ok, made a good impact for us in L1 last season, but even then was not seen as a first choice starter. Nor would he be now. He would be a squad filler again, perhaps making the occasional useful appearance but not overall really adding to our quality. So, I don't wish him ill but I think the money could be better used elsewhere. My opinion, which is just as valid as yours. In SCP I trust - but I can still have a mind, and a voice, of my own.
  • edited August 2012
    Yann Kermorgant: 2009-2011 Leicester City 20 (1)

You are of course welcome to your opinion but I disagree with it. The basis for it appears to be his past record, which as the Kermorgant stat shows is meaningless. Powell has an excellent track record of getting the most out of players, particularly those he has worked with before and that others have written off. Sheff Wed didn't want Morrison and Yann was a laughing stock. Our manager loves a player with a point to prove, and he tends to get them proving it. Dany was very good for us last season and under Powell I can see him popping up with important goals for us over the course of the season. He showed us enough to indicate he would be a good signing for Charlton. Frankly I couldn't care less what he did for Auxerre
  • We both know that DNG is no Yann. Or, if someone thinks otherwise, I would be interested to hear the rationale. You made some decent points in your earlier post Garry but I just don't think he will help take us a step forward.
  • Sponsored links:

• SCP evidently sees potential in a player hungry to do well.
    Seems like DNG has a similar type of attitude to that of Pritchard.

The fact that SCP has worked with DNG at 2 different clubs and is still keen to bring him in again, tells its own story.

• I like him
  • Scoham said:

I don't really see where he fits in. I get that he might be useful as a squad player - but doesn't he want first team football? He'd be 4th or 5th choice striker. Out wide we've got plenty of options in Jackson, Cook, Kerkar, Pritchard, Wagstaff, Wilson and Green.

Agree with this. We seem to have a air few fringe players and not enough solid starting players at the moment.

Nobody bought Slater's "we bought players for the Championship" schtick.

N'Guessan is another bench warmer for me. Plays a few good games then is anonymous.
  • I thought that DN'G fitted in well. Made a quick impact. Caused defences problems, and gave us an extra dimension. Strong and positive, I'd say. On the evidence we have - 7 appearances, 4 goals - I'd have him back. Perhaps the signing of Fuller was done in the belief that Millwall would not sell DN'G?

No I'd imagine it would be because fuller is 100% better than DN'G he was decent in league 1 but glad we didn't sign him.
  • Maybe he feels a bit of loyalty to the player - understandable and clearly not willing to overpay. Could be a useful addition to the squad.
  • Well Millwall certainty decided to cut their nose off to spite their face. Enjoy his wages!
  • Scoham said:

I don't really see where he fits in. I get that he might be useful as a squad player - but doesn't he want first team football? He'd be 4th or 5th choice striker. Out wide we've got plenty of options in Jackson, Cook, Kerkar, Pritchard, Wagstaff, Wilson and Green.

Agree with this. We seem to have a air few fringe players and not enough solid starting players at the moment.

Nobody bought Slater's "we bought players for the Championship" schtick.

N'Guessan is another bench warmer for me. Plays a few good games then is anonymous.
    Actually, when we pecker-slapped the entire league only losing 5 times I kind of did..
  • Badger said:

Long season ahead, need the backup and if he's keen to come then at least he has the right attitude.

Exactly! Think he could add something to our squad and chip in with a few vital goals!

• he'll be loaned out to someone when the loan window opens