Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Powell on Reo-Coker suggestion

Comments

• Like button?
  • Sounds like Fuller all over again!
  • I would be very happy but not sure this one will happen.
  • Seriously if we got him our CMs would be complete. Hollands, Reo Coker, Stephens, Pritch.

Jacko isnt a CM, neither is Kerkar. We need 4 for the squad.
  • Usually if it is total BS Powelly rules it out straight away, so could be a possibility?
    Would be two great signings in Fuller and Reo Coker and I didn't realise he was only 28?!
  • Ok, what other free agent premier league player rumours can we make up? seems to work
  • Bubble said:

Ok, what other free agent premier league player rumours can we make up? seems to work

Fergie is close to releasing Rooney. He wants to taste the SE7 highlife. He's on his way.

• Bubble said:

Ok, what other free agent premier league player rumours can we make up? seems to work

Ha ha ......we'll be saying next that Charlton Life is SCP's main scouting network.
    Perhaps after all, Covered End Junior is undercover Chief scout for Powelly?

;o)
  • Would love Reo-Coker but he probably expects PREM wages. We can hope and if Stephens goes then who knows?
  • NRC wants to stay in London but there's a long way go to to complete it ....
  • Sponsored links:

• Always on the pulse @supaclive
  • Sounds promising, there will be no deadline so Powell has a while to complete it.
  • No need for that Lookout. I was actually told that Stephens, Solly or Hamer leaving was "bollox" last night - but enough people get grief for mentioning anything. On top of that, it flies in the face of my mate who sits in the West Ham Directors' box. The only people who know are our manager and our board - period.

"He can't get a prem club and wants to stay in London after Bolton"

"We turned down 1.5 mil for Stephens"

Not my words
  • I've got a feeling we're already in talks with Nigel, can see this one happening.
  • if we can get him for a year it would be good. as for wages, £350 a week would be more than he's getting now. hardly queing up are they nigel?
  • One minute people are bemoaning our financial plight, the next they are thinking NRC is on his way.

No chance is this happening, NRC will want minimum £20k p/w.
  • edited August 2012
    And whats he got to prove at this level?
    Not sure he'd be motivated to give his best.
  • se9addick said:

One minute people are bemoaning our financial plight, the next they are thinking NRC is on his way.

agreed. but what if he has had no other offers. maybe he may want to play football for anyone to get back on track. i know its wishful thinking but we can dream.

• Fuller wanted over 20k a week at stoke then he dropped his demands or else he would not have a job,same thing as reo coker will have to do.
  • se9addick said:

One minute people are bemoaning our financial plight, the next they are thinking NRC is on his way.

If it was totally out of the question, Powell would of laughed it off there and then.
  • Sponsored links:

• dave85 said:

se9addick said:

agreed. but what if he has had no other offers. maybe he may want to play football for anyone to get back on track. i know its wishful thinking but we can dream.

If he's had no other offers my first question would be "why?" rather than "oh my God, you used to be good, here's a massive contract, will you sign it?".
  • its all dependent on what he can offer a club. we need another cm with experience and he needs a club. he has more experience at playing at a higher level than all our midfield put together and imo would be an asset.
  • IF he is prepared to play as just another member of the team.
  • dave85 said:

its all dependent on what he can offer a club. we need another cm with experience and he needs a club. he has more experience at playing at a higher level than all our midfield put together and imo would be an asset.

But surely experience alone isn't the only criteria ? If he's still sitting on his sofa on August 30th aren't you curious to why ?

If I had to guess he either wants a fortune or there's some underlying reason no other club has snapped him up as he'd seem like a great option for about 20 clubs with bigger budgets than us.
  • Hollands, Stephens, Reo Coker as a midfield 3 away from home? Wiggins left wing back? Solly Right? Morro, Taylor, Cort the middle three at the back?

Would fancy us to pick up points on the road anywhere.
  • A fella I know is still really good mates with NRC after they played together at Wimbledon.

I'll have to try and jump on the same train as him next week see if he knows anything.
  • Plaaayer said:

A fella I know is still really good mates with NRC after they played together at Wimbledon.

I'll have to try and jump on the same train as him next week see if he knows anything.

That'll be a bit late, won't it ?

• se9addick said:

dave85 said:

its all dependent on what he can offer a club. we need another cm with experience and he needs a club. he has more experience at playing at a higher level than all our midfield put together and imo would be an asset.

But surely experience alone isn't the only criteria ? If he's still sitting on his sofa on August 30th aren't you curious to why ?

If I had to guess he either wants a fortune or there's some underlying reason no other club has snapped him up as he'd seem like a great option for about 20 clubs with bigger budgets than us.

i'm only speaking in a future tense as if we had already signed him. i believe cp will make sure what is best for the club. i don't know what goes on behind the scenes.
  • I'd really liked NRC but the report seems to suggest we won't be signing any unless ppl leave?
  • and may i remind you all of a certain french striker who was looking for a club last year.