Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

CP on Stephens, Solly, transfer window and exaggerated reported fee for Spurs keeper

Comments

• one offer + one speculation

Looks like Clarke's a goner then !!!
  • May sound stupid, but when he says that one of our players has had a bid, does that mean it is a bid that could have been accepted or rejected, or does that mean a bid has been accepted and now it's between the player and the other club?
  • Powell also suggested there are no imminent arrivals on the cards, hinting he may wait to use the loan market to bring fresh faces in.

great. So what if Morrison gets injured against Forest? Also we are crying out for another CM
  • Mike said:

Powell also suggested there are no imminent arrivals on the cards, hinting he may wait to use the loan market to bring fresh faces in.

great. So what if Morrison gets injured against Forest? Also we are crying out for another CM

Agree on the CM. We are desperately short here.
  • Mike said:

Powell also suggested there are no imminent arrivals on the cards, hinting he may wait to use the loan market to bring fresh faces in.

Agree on the CM. We are desperately short here.
    Hopefully when the Prem team finalize their 25 man squads some decent players will become available for loan.
  • Mike said:

mate if theres nobody out there that interests him what can he do? Id imagine he is still waiting for a couple of loanees, so no point going for players on a permanent basis that arent worth a carrot.

CP isnt stupid.
  • surely there's a CB he likes the look of out there somewhere. From what I remember reading Dorian won't be ready for about another month. Taylor out for a month.

Looks like we are left with Morrison, Cort and Mambo as the three CBs in the squad for a month.
  • bit concerning. however i trust 1000% that cp only does the right thing for the football club. until proven otherwise i will continue to trust him.
  • Mike said:

Powell also suggested there are no imminent arrivals on the cards

NS: "Ricardo Fullers available"
    CP:"I'll look into it"

Powelly loves winding the newsshopper up!

• Mambo is injured as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• that reads to me that he expects a deal to be done
  • Mike said:

surely there's a CB he likes the look of out there somewhere. From what I remember reading Dorian won't be ready for about another month. Taylor out for a month.

Looks like we are left with Morrison, Cort and Mambo as the three CBs in the squad for a month.

If one of those gets sidelined on sat, we have two weeks till the Palace game.

Plenty of time.
  • that reads to me that he expects a deal to be done

Tend to agree, otherwise he would have knocked the question away.
  • why does News shopper believe the deal in question involves Stephens?
  • edited August 2012
    I read that as :-

An offer made for Stephens. No recent offer made for Solly. Button signed on a smallish fee & therefore Hamer is not going.

We shall not be getting anyone in on a permanent, unless someone goes.

We may look to bring some loans in in due course.

Good news, fingers crossed.

If it stays like that the only difference from last season is Pritchard maybe replacing Stephens in the 1st team & Fuller added to the strike force :-)

Hang on, is that Big Sam on the phone ......
  • Also reads to me that the money won't be used for transfers.
  • I don't agree we are short on CM players, we have (at the moment):
    Jackson, Stephens, Hollands, Kerkar and Pritchard.
    If at any point this season, we were slightly short in midfield for a game or 2 and Bover had to be on the bench, I wouldn't be too worried. If it was for a length of time, then we would probably have to bring one in on loan. I agree that bringing in such a loan can be tricky, but
  • but we can cross that bridge if/when it comes to it, plus I trust Powell to bring in decent loans when necessary.
  • I should think once the Prem clubs name their 25 man squads we can look for a couple of loans to bring in
  • Mike said:

surely there's a CB he likes the look of out there somewhere. From what I remember reading Dorian won't be ready for about another month. Taylor out for a month.

Although not fully fit, Dervite was on bench Saturday wasn't he. I wouldn't be surprised for a month loan deal for someone though.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2012
    Article on the OS today, where Devite says he's about 2 weeks away from being ready to start a game, having missed the pre-season.

He was in fact originally included as part of the 20 man matchday squad, for last Saturday's Hull match.
    That implies that he was thought capable of making at least a 2nd half sub appearance.

And surely Powell wouldn't have put him on the bench, if he thought he couldn't do a job if needed?

• It wo
    Oggy Red said:

Article on the OS today, where Devite says he's about 2 weeks away from being ready to start a game, having missed the pre-season.

He was in fact originally included as part of the 20 man matchday squad, for last Saturday's Hull match.
    That implies that he was thought capable of making at least a 2nd half sub appearance.

And surely Powell wouldn't have put him on the bench, if he thought he couldn't do a job if needed?

Forest is the only game where it would be risky then for Dervite to have to come on not fully fit. After that, he should be fine. I don't think its an issue really.
  • Exactly, mate.

And seems to be SCP's reasoning too.
  • my take on it all is that we won't be selling Solly and CP has somebody lined up to replace Stephens but we will only sell him if the price is right. (which means i'm leaning towards the no financial crisis position.
  • I think its fine. I don't think any areas of the squad are uncovered at all. I wouldn't mind seeing Clarke go and DNG on loan for the season again. Apart from that, all areas are covered.
  • still cant see why people think the offer is for stephens and not solly?!!!

I think its because its been reported that Villa have had a bid rejected and might come back in Jan/Next summer.

I think its because its been reported that Villa have had a bid rejected and might come back in Jan/Next summer.
    But the same thing was insinuated about Wet Spam putting in a bid for Solly

Out of the two,who would you say is happier at cafc?

• still cant see why people think the odder is for stephens and not solly?!!!

Agreed it's a very vague statement. The cynic in me reads it as there is an offer on the table for solly and there was one for Stephens but it was rejected so there is no longer an offer on the table for him, but there could be a new offer before the window closes.