Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Should we be worried?

Probably nothing in it, but there appears to be rumblings in Leicester about there recent league performances and there exit last night from the cup, how badly Pearson is performing and the expectation levels in what they should be achieving, personally no one has a god given right to do well, however it would appear that fans from certain clubs in this expect promotion. It is evident that Powell is well thought of in Leicester, and should the results continue to go against Pearson, should we be concerned that Leicester may approach Powell and will the board allow him to leave? and would Powell go ??

Comments

• Stebo said:

no

hell no !!
  • Nothing to worry about whatsoever.
  • CP has ambitions and if they cannot be acheived with us it will be with someone else, the next 2 seasons will be the telling factor
  • IF leicester get rid of Pearson then they will go for someone like Redknapp
  • Powell is still a very young manager, I cannot see him leaving of his own accord anytime soon.
  • Powell won't leave, why would he leave CAFC when he could have two back to back promotions?
  • Sponsored links:

• Bit of a sideways step from the club he loves!
  • IF leicester get rid of Pearson then they will go for someone like Redknapp

This. The board is minted and will go for a pretty big name that is proven. The board are EXCEPTIONALLY impatient so wouldn't be willing to risk CP.
  • Leicester fans need to chill. Their board have invested heavily and they have real quality. They need to give their team a chance to settle and see where they are in Nov.
    I think SCP would have to consider the job if offered, and they are PROBABLY ahead of us for promotion.
    He would look at the rate that they are sacking managers and weigh that against what he has here. I think his love for the club would have a bit of a pull and he would stay.
    More success with us could also see him move up to the Prem league direct. QPR not doing well, WHU have a s**t manager and Villa look to lack any direction.
    If I was him I would stay, as long as the board did not sell off my best players!
  • What fans want at Leicester i think does not really matter as their board will make a move based on promotion rather than the decision to try to get the fans back on side

however if SCP is unhappy and feels that goal posts have been moved to far then the only thing holding him with us is his affinty to the supporters and the Club he calls his own

I wouldnt be worried however i wouldnt be so confident as to say that he will stay with us no matter what

• 1. Leicester would go for a big time charlie, in my opinion
    2. SCP might have affection for Leicester but he bloody loves Charlton

So no, not as things stand. If the Board piss him about too much that might change things of course.

• leicester seems to be a poisoned chalice. i'm not worried.
  • SCP would not go there if two of his management mentors have been sacked by the owners.
  • Whilst they certainly had some real pace and quality about them - they also looked suspect in central defence and not clinical in attack. I tried to make this point during the Leicester love in last week. Hull played like a more conventional away side on Saturday without the same pace and we found them harder to break down.
  • Huskaris said:

IF leicester get rid of Pearson then they will go for someone like Redknapp

This. The board is minted and will go for a pretty big name that is proven. The board are EXCEPTIONALLY impatient so wouldn't be willing to risk CP.
    Nottingham Forest have a "minted" board and had all the big name charlies to choose from?
  • I think Leicester could be interested if they know Powell would be popular with the fans - Pearson is also a friend of his so he may be reluctant to take his job - and there would be risks attached which I think Sir Chris will understand as well as realising he hasn't finished his job with us yet.
  • Sponsored links:

• Only be worried if you are the type of person who is afraid of the Bogey Man who lives under the bed.
  • Only be worried if you are the type of person who is afraid of the Bogey Man who lives under the bed.

Now i'm worried :-)
  • edited August 2012
    I can't see Pearson being sacked at this time.

He's only been back there 9 months and this summer his Board have invested heavily in his team - so they'll give him some time to turn things round.

It's hardly a crisis there, is it?
    Just a poorer start than expected.

Just their bad luck to come up against a fantastic do or die performance by Charlton.

If Leicester had taken their chances and won at The Valley, they'd be in the top 6 right now.
    And the question wouldn't even have been asked.