Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Stoke Fans Coming To Support Ricardo Fuller

So Fuller is apparently such a hero amongst Stoke fans that a few of their fans have been talking about coming to the Derby or Wednesday games to cheer him on for us.

In theory I have no problem with it and it seems like a nice gesture but any Stoke fan coming to see Charlton should remember that FOR NOW at least BWP and Kermorgant remain our strike partnership. It would seriously p*ss me off to see or hear fans of ANOTHER club shouting at Powell to bring on Fuller at one of our games.

Fuller may be a legend in Stoke, but he still has to earn his place at Charlton.

How do the rest of you feel about it?

Comments

• I doubt it'll come to anything really.
  • Still a huge complement to the man that it is even being suggested.
  • never heard of anything like this happening before
  • The way the Stoke fans talk about Fuller... you can't help but get a bit excited about him.
  • The way the Stoke fans talk about Fuller... you can't help but get a bit excited about him.

Agree.

• Be better if they came to see him at the valley rather than Derby or wherever .. we need the gate money !! .. organise a tour .. A Walk Round Ricardo
  • ozaddick said:

never heard of anything like this happening before

What about in the north lower when we had Zheng Zhi, kind of similar..

• ozaddick said:

never heard of anything like this happening before

I have met the odd fan or group who supported a player . In the 80's I remember meeting one guy who claimed he had watched all of Gerry Gow's games over a five year period and even followed him to Rotherham Reserve fixtures .

When we signed Andy Jones off Port Vale there were a couple of Vale fans who used to watch us up north ,I remember them being annoyed once when he was subbed early.

My most recent example I can think of was a local Dunfermline Scout Group who followed us to Maine Road to see Greg Shields ,the only problem was he was injured and didn't play .I guess that is the peril of supporting a specific player rather than a team .
  • The things people do to get out of Stoke for a day!
  • The things people do to get out of Stoke for a day!

Sympathy for my daughter, she's at Uni there. We're up there in a couplke of weeks and then our next trip will coincide with the Wolves game funnily enough

• Sponsored links:

• Kap10 said:

The things people do to get out of Stoke for a day!

Sympathy for my daughter, she's at Uni there. We're up there in a couplke of weeks and then our next trip will coincide with the Wolves game funnily enough

Your daughter has my sympathy.

My best advice is do LOTS of studying so much that she has no recollection of the gaff other than the classroom!
  • strange post
  • Personally didnt think Stoke was that bad, but then again depends where you have been before in your life
  • Could do with there help at Millwall!
  • I feel some people think too much
  • So Fuller is apparently such a hero amongst Stoke fans that a few of their fans have been talking about coming to the Derby or Wednesday games to cheer him on for us.

In theory I have no problem with it and it seems like a nice gesture but any Stoke fan coming to see Charlton should remember that FOR NOW at least BWP and Kermorgant remain our strike partnership. It would seriously p*ss me off to see or hear fans of ANOTHER club shouting at Powell to bring on Fuller at one of our games.

Fuller may be a legend in Stoke, but he still has to earn his place at Charlton.

How do the rest of you feel about it?

Overreaaction much .....
  • DA9DA9
    edited August 2012
    I remember some Colchester fans coming down to watch Mark Kinsella, also had some London based Rangers fans I know come down to watch JJ (the original JJ, Johansson)
  • I hope they'll sit down during the game.
  • I bet they will want a team sheet :)
  • Sorry mate, we only speak English.
  • Sponsored links:

• It would seriously p*ss me off to see or hear fans of ANOTHER club shouting at Powell to bring on Fuller at one of our games.

Yep, surely we have enough of our fans ready, willing and able to slag our team off?
  • I remember when we played Norwich at Home last game of the 2008-09 season Norwich sold their allocation It was members only for Charlton Fans and a load of Dartford fans turned up to watch Cody McDonald.
  • The naughty 40 at Charlton hmmm
  • Who remembers Millwall turning up at the Valley to cheer onTerry Brisley when we played Luton. Not a pleasant experience....
  • Seems a very strange post to me. Welcome them with open arms and they can add to our finances, happy days.

• Who remembers Millwall turning up at the Valley to cheer onTerry Brisley when we played Luton. Not a pleasant experience....

Beat me to it. Very uncomfortable. Think Millwall fans were ecncoraged by the fact that Luton were a bit nawty back then, Just before they turned Kenilworth Rd over.

• Fans from another club looking to come and support one of our players and we slag off their city.

Goin well.
  • Naughty 40 is one way of doubling the away support

Leeds away best bet, Tuesday night up there will be seb, ben elton and a coach load
  • Is there any chance you'll do us a swap, Ricardo Fuller for Peter Crouch. Fuller is a city legend, an absolute wizard with the ball and top finisher.
  • Evening chaps.

Someone has linked this thread to the oatcake message board so thought I'd pop over and say Hi.

It has been mentioned about people wanting to see Ric again, a few may well make a trip sometime should we have no game one weekend or summit. Personally I'd like to give Ric a proper send off. So either a cup game at our gaff or get yourselves bloody promoted this season and keep hold of him ;) having said that it would break my heart to see Fuller play against us. Glad he didn't end up at somewhere like Cardiff or similar who we don't really get on with :)

Either that or I at least hope Stoke get him back up one weekend when your not playing so he can do the half time draw or summit and get a full applause from the Brit.

Fuller is special. He will always hold a special place in most Stokies hearts. Personally having watch Stoke for the last 21 years he is by far the best I've seen and he's held in high regard round these parts.

He can come across as very very laid back but when he gets the ball you'll be on the edge of your seat wondering what's gonna happen. I'm sure you've seen some of his goals on YouTube but that's not all, his trickery and footwork to beat a man is brilliant.

I'm sure he's still got it and will need a couple of games to get going, then I'm sure you'll love him.

Best of luck for the season, I along with many others will be keeping an eye out for your results (and Rics goals;) )

Tim.

Oh don't worry about slagging our city off to much, the majority of it is a dump :):)