Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

rn !

edited August 2012 in General Charlton
i

Comments

• 12,000 home fans? Are you joking... We will get a minimum of 18,000 Charlton in.
  • We'll get 19,000 at least, fear not
  • 12,000 was a bit of exageration lol but last 2 games have had a great atmosphere even though there's been only 16,000 there, so i hope as we have done very well more people start to come and we can start getting more people than what we did last season!
  • This is a game where you don't have to worry about attendance.
  • Last time we played them midweek got about 17k, seeing as it is on sky and a Friday night doubt we will get much more
  • Er...we have, what, 11000 st holders so unless not a single one of their lot turns up and our walk up for a match against a local rival reduces to less than 15%-20% of normal, your figures a way off the mark aren't they?

Threads like this just play into the hands of the Nigels imo.
  • palace don't care about us.
  • I start work just as the second half starts.. :(
  • Last time we played them midweek got about 17k, seeing as it is on sky and a Friday night doubt we will get much more

Yes but we were on a 19 game win less streak at the time which may have just put a few off.

20,000ish I expect.
  • I wasn't going to bother, but seeing as you asked... ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• I reckon it will be about 21,000 - really should be selling the place out though.

The atmosphere will be rocking regardless.
  • 12,000 ! What are you on. It will be shy of double that.
  • Please delete this thread - embarrassing
  • why isit embarrassing, i'm saying what i think or are we not allowed to do that anymore?
  • Think what you like

Yes but we were on a 19 game win less streak at the time which may have just put a few off.

20,000ish I expect.
    We didn't sell out are away allocation last season at orient because it was on sky and are last two home games have been about 17k only benefit is no doubt palace will brink 3k with them.

20,000ish I expect.
    We didn't sell out are away allocation last season at orient because it was on sky and are last two home games have been about 17k only benefit is no doubt palace will brink 3k with them.
    Orient was on New year's eve which probably had an impact on attendance.
  • If we don't get a 20.000 capacity crowd it'd be nothing short of shameful. But we always turn out for this lot, who in their right mind would watch this on the telly? This is one of two local derbies this year. That's not many, you'll be missing out and you'll be kicking yourself for not going if we win (we will) the place will be rocking. 20k+ surely.
  • Stuff it. I'm staying at home and watching it on sky now. You may get your 12000 then!!
  • Sponsored links:

20,000ish I expect.
    Still a derby, plus we were flying high top of the league. Being on sky will have a massive impact on the attendance. Why spend 25 quid on a ticket when you can watch the game for free at your local

20,000ish I expect.
    Still a derby, plus we were flying high top of the league. Being on sky will have a massive impact on the attendance. Why spend 25 quid on a ticket when you can watch the game for free at your local
    Because that's called diabolical support and if you don't think a local derby on a friday night is worth 25 quid I have to ask what the hell is wrong with you?
  • I was going, but now don't think I'll bother. Didn't realise it was on the telly. If I stay at home I will be able to combine four of my favourite passtimes all in one go, so what's not to like?

1. Lounging on the sofa
    2. Watching telly
    3. Watching football
    4. Drinking beer

And as soon as the missus goes up to bed I will be in a prime spot to make it 5/5.
  • Mrbacon said:

Last time we played them midweek got about 17k, seeing as it is on sky and a Friday night doubt we will get much more

20,000ish I expect.
    Because that's called diabolical support and if you don't think a local derby on a friday night is worth 25 quid I have to ask what the hell is wrong with you?
    Just saying a lot of people will prefer to sit at home/pub where they can drink a pint whilst watching the game and saving money. That is why I predict less then 20k turn out for the game
  • with game being on friday and on telly i wonder how many it does take off the attendance
  • edited August 2012
    Edmonds95 said:

why isit embarrassing, i'm saying what i think or are we not allowed to do that anymore?

It might just be me, but while you are free to say what you think, perhaps you also ought to do a bit of thinking before you publish it.

There'll be 19-20k for this match. Ignore the last two home games - there have been parking restrictions thanks to the Olympics, holidays and other reasons to knock back attendance slightly, however the average over the last two years has been somewhat higher than these two games and that was for L1 when the opposition were mostly northern based teams. I can't see it dipping below last year's average despite it being a Friday KO and Sky broadcasting it.

• We'll hit 20,000 overall when Palarse sell out the JS and we have a big rally of tickets sold midweek. Will be a feisty one
  • Anyone who would RATHER watch it on Sky isn't a real supporter.
  • I wonder what that is?!
    Off_it said:

I was going, but now don't think I'll bother. Didn't realise it was on the telly. If I stay at home I will be able to combine four of my favourite passtimes all in one go, so what's not to like?

1. Lounging on the sofa
    2. Watching telly
    3. Watching football
    4. Drinking beer

And as soon as the missus goes up to bed I will be in a prime spot to make it 5/5.

I wonder what that is?!
  • Anyone who would RATHER watch it on Sky isn't a real supporter.

I was at the game when we sent them down. I vowed that I would not go to another palace game again after that, quitting whilst I am ahead as in games against them nothing will beat that.

Leaving myself to be shot at but that is my view.