Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ben Roberts

IMO he is one of the best goalkeeping coaches around , not only does he work hard with hamer but he is also a presence in the dugout, I often see him expressing his views to chris powell and the coaching staff. Been a great capture from yeovil

Comments

• I think the development of Hamer says a lot as well. Huge asset to the club.
  • He Does his job very well, and nobody really sees that I feel
  • To be fair (and I am not disagreeing) how many GK coaches do you actually no about? Hamer is improving and another thing I think he has done well is build a very good relationship with and between the other keepers. Despite Sullivan probably being frustrated at being number 2, he gets on well with Hamer. I think Roberts gets a bit of credit for this and the three of them seem to have a laugh and some banter.
  • Not to mention the development of Pope too.
  • Today Hamer did a great job. 2 minutes after the FT whistle Roberts was out on the pitch congratulating Hamer.
    Great coach.
  • Our entire coaching TEAM deserves praise. Roberts, Dyer, Matthews and Powell all play their part but Robbo certainly impresses. Looks like he enjoys his job and works hard at it.
    Loved his blogs from Lepe and they showed he's eloquent and intelligent

A real capture I'd say! Certainly an improvement on Andy Woodman
  • Agree with everyone, I believe the relationship between them all (Roberts, Hamer, Sullivan and Pope) is a big factor too.
  • Swisdom said:

Our entire coaching TEAM deserves praise. Roberts, Dyer, Matthews and Powell all play their part but Robbo certainly impresses.

Bloom too, think last season we were one of the fittest teams in the league.
    Was always going to be hard stepping up and going straight into 3 games in a week but will be interesting to see how our fitness levels hold over the season
  • Hamer's dealing with crosses is vastly improved this season so far. He's always had a cockiness about him but he now also looks genuinely confident.
    (Just need to stop him pretending to throw it out to a player three times before holding onto it for 30 seconds then hoofing it, that's a little annoying :-) }
  • Not to mention the development of Pope too.

how much do you realistically know about the development of pope
  • Sponsored links:

• Has to be said well done to CP again. Nathan Dyer, many were sceptical (justifiably), Roberts from Yeovil (!) and as SSS points out Bloom has done a top notch job (who better to get Fuller in tiptop shape?) and CP picked them out and made them a team just like the one on the pitch.
  • He had an excellent Reputation as a footballer too despite never really playing regular football.
  • edited August 2012
    im sure bens a solid coach though yah
  • thenewbie said:

Has to be said well done to CP again. Nathan Dyer, many were sceptical (justifiably), Roberts from Yeovil (!) and as SSS points out Bloom has done a top notch job (who better to get Fuller in tiptop shape?) and CP picked them out and made them a team just like the one on the pitch.

when did we sign Nathan Dyer, would be a quality signing ;)