Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Hamer

Has been outstanding this season - if he keeps up this form I think we'll struggle to keep him.surprised at how much he's improved.

Comments

• I don't think he has improved that much, just that he has had more to do and is doing it well. People criticised him for no reason last year, he was very good.
  • Quality keeper. Had to get over some fans disliking him because he replaced Elliott last year. Has all the attributes to be a top quality player. Also we seem to have an excellent goalkeeping coach in Ben Roberts.
  • Agree with you both.
    Last year he seemed to get a lot of moans which I didn't feel he deserved, this year he has improved (especially coming for crosses) but also feel he is getting the credit he deserves too.

Remember he is also very young, especially for a keeper and I think he will improve even more over the next couple of years, could well be a premier league quality keeper for years to come.
  • 2 games in a row hes been looking over at the sideline, looks like his eye is playing up a bit. Been decent though
  • I don't think he has improved that much, just that he has had more to do and is doing it well. People criticised him for no reason last year, he was very good.

This.

• Had laser surgery which has helped his ability to come and get crosses, he's basically no longer scared of his contacts getting dislodged in his eye as he comes to collect a corner for example...
  • Im not surprised,always looked a good keeper....But people on here do love to moan!
  • Maturing into a great goalie infront Of our eyes enjoy it
  • My MOM today . Outstanding IMHO.
  • MOM today earned us a point
  • Sponsored links:

• mascot88 said:

Had laser surgery which has helped his ability to come and get crosses, he's basically no longer scared of his contacts getting dislodged in his eye as he comes to collect a corner for example...

Seriously? I think his collection of crosses has been noticably improved and thought it was something he'd worked on or just increased confidence. Whatever it is let's hope his great form continues.

• He will be a Prem keeper in a couple of years, and on the fringes of the England setup, I just hope it's with us at the time!
  • I do wish sometimes he would distribute a little quicker.
  • Had an excellent game today I thought. Hoping he will continue to improve at the rate he is doing.
  • Love him. Proper big ego, bat shit crazy keeper.
    C'mon Big Ben!
  • Perhaps I might have got this wrong as nobody else seems to have mentioned it specifically, but I thought that second stop in the double save was international class. To get up off the ground in those conditions to divert that shot wide was fantastic. I was just waiting for the net to bulge and couldn't believe it when it went past the post.

Excellent from him today.
  • Another great performance and, as on Tuesday, he earned us a point. It won't be long before Prem clubs come looking at him. No 'flapping' but sure handling and sharp shot-stopping. Amos (A MUFC keeper don't forget) looked under pressure at every set play but Hamer always looked in control.
  • I've been a big fan from day one and am so glad he's showing what he can do.
    EastStand said:

Love him. Proper big ego, bat shit crazy keeper.
    C'mon Big Ben!

Couldn't have said it better!
    tricky said:

Perhaps I might have got this wrong as nobody else seems to have mentioned it specifically, but I thought that second stop in the double save was international class. To get up off the ground in those conditions to divert that shot wide was fantastic. I was just waiting for the net to bulge and couldn't believe it when it went past the post.

didn't realise that second one was a save - wow! I thought a defender had got a toe or something. Brilliant reactions
  • My MOM today . Outstanding IMHO.

Totally agree.
  • Top draw keeper. He's effectively got four points by himself so far and I now have complete faith in him.
  • Sponsored links:

• I think shot stopping has always been his speciality , however his positioning has improved a hell of a lot , he is near the full package keeper
  • I don't think he has improved that much, just that he has had more to do and is doing it well.

That's the thing a busy keeper will have everyone raving cos he has so much to do Scott Carson in our relegation season for example and yes he was decent but not in Deanos league imo

Its the busy keepers who look average when they have a lot to do that you know are pony ahem.....
  • mascot88 said:

Had laser surgery which has helped his ability to come and get crosses, he's basically no longer scared of his contacts getting dislodged in his eye as he comes to collect a corner for example...

As a lens wearer I can say this isn't the problem. When you blink your focus changes and that affects your judgement.
  • Just seen this on his twitter, not so good off the field.
  • Even though there were moans from some last year, he did make the L1 team of the season and only just missed out on the golden glove. So I'm sure he was highly rated by those within the game even before this season, and these performances will not go unnoticed.

Just hope we can hang on to him as he will be a Prem keeper within 2 years.
  • If he keeps up his current standards, England will start to notice.
  • Sky Sports commentator called him 'Harner' when he showed the clip! They are so ignorant at times if you are not one of the top teams in Prem!
  • I remember Swisdom way back explaining to me why Hamer would become a very good keeper. Guess Swizz is entitled to a few 'I told you so's'. Plus Hamer suddenly looks much taller and more imposing, presumably due to the white kit.
  • Its his ball handling that has impressed me this season, that ball must have felt like a bar of soap yesterday
  • tricky said:

Perhaps I might have got this wrong as nobody else seems to have mentioned it specifically, but I thought that second stop in the double save was international class. To get up off the ground in those conditions to divert that shot wide was fantastic. I was just waiting for the net to bulge and couldn't believe it when it went past the post.

too right amazing stop!