Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Channel 4 Paralympics advert

When it comes to advertising, I'm a real cynic and find most ads mildly irritating. However, I'm finding this Paralympic ad genuinely inspiring. I saw the full (longer than on TV) version at the cinema tonight and everything about it is brilliant. The music is ideally pitched, the ad addresses some of the reasons why some of the athletes are Paralympians and through this it's genuinely thought provoking. There is demonstration of enormous skill, determination, talent and power. I find myself filling with admiration and swelling with pride at these people I've never met. And to top it off, the Tagline 'Meet the Superhumans' is just inspired.
Possibly the best ad ever.
Just thought I'd share that.

Comments

• Saw it at the cinema yesterday and completely agree with you.
  • Link here for anyone who hasn't seen it
    http://youtu.be/tuAPPeRg3Nw
  • http://youtu.be/tuAPPeRg3Nw
    I think it's a great bit of advertising and gets me really excited for the Paralympics. Also I love the Posters around London with the tagline " thanks for the warm up". Well done Channel 4 hopefully the broadcasting lives up to the hype building.
  • Agree top ad, love that Public Enemy track as well.
  • Fantastic , come on Team GB !!!
  • Wow!

Got my tickets for the 5th sept and after watching that I cannot wait to go!
  • They've played it to death now though. Hard hitting when it first aired
  • I know what you mean Danny. To be honest, the first time I saw it was one of the shorter versions on telly and you're right, it was hard hitting at first, but after a few viewings became less so. Last night was the first time I'd seen the full version though and, (maybe the cinema added something, I don't know), I got a genuine tingle down my spine. It really moved me.
    I do agree that if they play it too much it could end up losing all its appeal though, which would be a pity.
  • Heard on 5 live the other morning part mentioned that one of the 7/7 survivors is taking part, should be some amazing back stories from the people taking part, really looking forward to this , i hope it helps raise awareness, profile and acceptance by people in this country, although we are a lot better than some countries , but always think we can do more.
  • Heard on 5 live the other morning part mentioned that one of the 7/7 survivors is taking part, should be some amazing back stories from the people taking part, really looking forward to this , i hope it helps raise awareness, profile and acceptance by people in this country, although we are a lot better than some countries , but always think we can do more.

It's a girl who lost both her legs in 7/7.......she a member of the 'sitting' ladies netball team.
    Heard her being interviewed a day or two back...Says her little son will be in the stands with a banner saying something like "Come on Mum" so she's going to be so up for it....she can hardly wait!
    You betcha young lady....you betcha.

• Sponsored links:

• If anyone's intending to watch on TV, C4 are running two additional HD channels for the games. These will be on Freesat (and presumably on the $ky service too).
  • Sorry I should have said three extra channels.