Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

My One Complaint about Saturday

edited August 2007 in Not Sports Related
They have put the price of Beer up to £3.10 a pint in the North Upper from £2.70 last season & I have to say it tasted awful as well. Have no idea why but everyone who I was with made the same observation.

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]They have put the price of Beer up to £3.10 a pint in the North Upper from £2.70 last season & I have to say it tasted awful as well. Have no idea why but everyone who I was with made the same observation.
    Probably hadn't cleaned the pipes...
  • you sure it was 2.70 last year ?

40p is a massive jump
  • Why £3.10 and not just £3?

That'll really speed up service wont it - waiting for the poor buggers to count out 90p of change every time!
  • Why do they always charge stupid wierd amounts... that 10p is a pain in the arse you end up with loads of change rattling around and then they run out of change half way through serving.
  • Hopefully it is something as simple as Pipe cleaning, we'll see if it's the same next game.

It was Definately £2.70 a pint last year, I assume the extra 40p is to pay for Henry's bottle idea that we are still waiting for :-)
  • Pipes not cleaned. Stairs not cleaned. Seats not cleaned.

I bet the kit gets washed though.
  • Ah that's not true about the seats, volunteers were found to do them all last week.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Ah that's not true about the seats, volunteers were found to do them all last week.

Well mine in the West Stand was covered in shite, as was someone else's who posted on here who sits in the east.

And talking of shite, someone really needs to sort out the bird plop problem in the Upper West. All it would take is 5 minutes with a jet-washer and a broom. I'll even lend them mine if it means I don't have to walk trough it all again at the Sheff Weds game!

You've got insider knowledge Ketman - have a word!
  • [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]They have put the price of Beer up to £3.10 a pint in the North Upper from £2.70 last season & I have to say it tasted awful as well. Have no idea why but everyone who I was with made the same observation.

The beer has always been rubbish.

I've often suspected that it's not just mist that comes in from the Thames!!
  • i had a fosters in the east seemed ok to me.
  • Sponsored links:

• [quote][cite]Posted By: roseandcrown[/cite]i had a fosters in the east seemed ok to me.[/quote]

Fosters and ok..in the same sentence??

Perhaps we should be addressing this to our supporter's director, wherever he is.

Dirty ground/seats, expensive beer, no radio commentary...some work for Mr Hayes.
  • £3 in Bartrams, £310 in East, my mate was ill after drinking a couple of pints of it (fosters), good to see they've continued to totally ignore us on the beer thing, bottles etc. Last time I drink in the ground.
  • £310 - bloody hell you lot in those stands at the side of the pitch aren't 'alf wealthy!

I had one at half time in the North Upper that was OK.

I'm really not one to criticise the club but think the reports of the ground being that dirty is a bit of a poor show. All sorts of diseases spread in bird crap.
  • [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Ah that's not true about the seats, volunteers were found to do them all last week.

Well mine in the West Stand was covered in shite, as was someone else's who posted on here who sits in the east.

And talking of shite, someone really needs to sort out the bird plop problem in the Upper West. All it would take is 5 minutes with a jet-washer and a broom. I'll even lend them mine if it means I don't have to walk trough it all again at the Sheff Weds game!

You've got insider knowledge Ketman - have a word!

Even though I have no Title & it is an unpaid task, I am happy to take up your complaint & forward it to the relevant party.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite][
    Even though I have no Title & it is an unpaid task, I am happy to take up your complaint & forward it to the relevant party.

You're a good man.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Ah that's not true about the seats, volunteers were found to do them all last week.

They didn't do a very good job - cobwebs between seats in the North Upper. Being a girl, I cleaned my seat!