Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Olympic tickets

Anyone managed to get their hands on some in the last few days?
Been looking on the official 2012 website and there have been some appearing.Cheap ones to.Saw some for the beach volleyball yesterday for £35! ..gone now though.
The website is a bit hit and miss and not sure if the ticket availability is accurate.

Comments

• Got some kind of rowing finals for Saturday through a friend. Should be alright, a few beers in the (hopefully) sun
  • don't think I've seen an event on TV yet with all the seats filled, although the Swimming and Gymnastics look pretty well supported.
  • It's no surprise these events haven't sold out when they are asking for 455 notes for swimming on Wednesday

Pure greed
  • You can get 100m final tickets if you have £725 to spare.

Been looking on the website seems to be the AA rated seats which no–one can afford.
  • Tickets for 10th Aug at the stadium @ £295 each for the evening session. That's more than my season ticket.
  • It's no surprise these events haven't sold out when they are asking for 455 notes for swimming on Wednesday

Pure greed

That's exactly what I thought. I couldn't find anything of interest for less than £100. There's no way on Earth I could afford to take a family of four, I haven't had a pay rise for 3 years.
  • Stig said:

It's no surprise these events haven't sold out when they are asking for 455 notes for swimming on Wednesday

Pure greed

That's exactly what I thought. I couldn't find anything of interest for less than £100. There's no way on Earth I could afford to take a family of four, I haven't had a pay rise for 3 years.
    There are loads of Paralympic tickets left, and at very reasonable prices.

• My memory may be playing up but didn't Seb Coe state that any of the sponsors taking tickets nto turn up that they would be penalised?

Over to you Seb...

• Was at the Hockey yesterday as Mrs. Addick likes it and the stadium was pretty full but no doubt there are tickets to be had for most events although The velodrome is totally sold out I hear
  • You can buy tickets for the closing ceremony.

Only £1500
  • Sponsored links:

• The crazy thing is that these representatives from the sporting delegations of each country attending the games get a ticket/seat allocation for every event/location for every day.
    Even if they wanted to they simply cant be in two or more places at once.
    So these delgates have a ticket for every event for every day which they can't possibly attend and so they remain empty....oh what a surprise.....it's simply absurd!
  • PopIcon said:

Stig said:

It's no surprise these events haven't sold out when they are asking for 455 notes for swimming on Wednesday

Pure greed

But to be fair, it is not exactly the same as watching the main olympics.
  • I've seen all the expensive tickets. But last night there were tickets appearing on the 2012 website for £20. Are they drip feeding them?
    Wondered if anyone got any?
  • Gld you said that MrOneLung......but you are right
  • Just checked the Paralympic tickets. Think we are going to go along to that. Sat night tickets for the athletics are £20
  • You can get 100m final tickets if you have £725 to spare.

Been looking on the website seems to be the AA rated seats which no–one can afford.

at the wrong side of the stadium no doubt, if anyone is tempted , CHECK!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/olympics/9349698/London-2012-Olympics-seating-plans-reveal-poor-views-for-highest-priced-tickets.html

• MrOneLung said:

PopIcon said:

Stig said:

Pure greed

Gld you said that MrOneLung......but you are right

To be fair you've got a better chance of seeing Team GB win a Gold, we won six more than the USA in Beijing 2008 and finished second in the final medal table.

• you are right Poplcon and all resepct to the participants but I just don't find it that compelling to watch....sorry that's the way it is
  • Absolute disgrace. Just having a look at the eventing, which I unsuccessfully applied for. Hundreds upon hundreds of empty seats.
  • PopIcon said:

MrOneLung said:

PopIcon said:

Stig said:

Pure greed

To be fair you've got a better chance of seeing Team GB win a Gold, we won six more than the USA in Beijing 2008 and finished second in the final medal table.
    Yeah but I dont want to see someone win Paralympic gold

I want to see sonmeone win Olympic gold.

• Sponsored links:

• I might take a stroll up to the Olympic Park tomorrow and see whether there are any tickets available on the day.
  • edited July 2012
    MrOneLung said:

PopIcon said:

MrOneLung said:

PopIcon said:

Stig said:

Pure greed

Well how nice of you....I guess disabled people aren't someone then?

• I saw 4 pages of Olympic village tickets this morning including £65 tickets to next tuesdays athletics, its back down to just 4 sessions available now but id keep checking if you really want to go.
  • Solidgone said:

I might take a stroll up to the Olympic Park tomorrow and see whether there are any tickets available on the day.

Not on sale on the day they said on TV. You can only purchase online.

• Solidgone said:

I might take a stroll up to the Olympic Park tomorrow and see whether there are any tickets available on the day.

I thought they said they were sorting out extra tickets and hand backs?
  • MrOneLung said:

PopIcon said:

MrOneLung said:

PopIcon said:

Stig said:

Pure greed

Well how nice of you....I guess disabled people aren't someone then?

You are twisting it - I have not referred to the Paralympians as not being a 'someone'
    I mean that personally I dont want to see the paralympic events, I want to see Olympic event.
    The Paralympics dont hold an attraction for me.

• I wish i was in Greenwich Park today. Looks fecking amazing on the telly. irritated.
  • edited July 2012
    Solidgone said:

Solidgone said:

I thought they said they were sorting out extra tickets and hand backs?
    Not sure, but they did just say don't turn up if you haven't got a ticket. Purchase online only the day before.
  • Got 4 tickets for a total of £70 for the para olympic athletics - happy with that - can take the family, support a good cause, have a good look around at the olympic park and not feel like i've been ripped off. If we don't win a gold soon i can see the army being asked to compete soon - they've stepped in as security and spectators, why not competitors? Shooting? Boxing?, maybe a bit of discus throwing?
  • PopIcon said:

This, £10 a ticket for the Athletics, not to be sniffed at..£6 delivery charge though, ouch.