Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jonjo Shelvey

edited July 2012 in General Charlton
According to SSN he has signed a new long term contract at Anfield. Well done Jonjo.

Comments

• Might have a real chance of becoming a regular under Rogers, get the feeling that he might be no respecter of reputations.....
  • Well deserved. He played well for them last season and deserves a run in the team this season.
  • Would love him on loan, not quite sure if he'll break through completely this year.
    They still have lots of CM's, and the fact they were after Sigurdsson suggests they might want more.
  • Do Charlton get more money the more he plays or does that part of his transfer no longer apply.
  • Would love him on loan, not quite sure if he'll break through completely this year.
    They still have lots of CM's, and the fact they were after Sigurdsson suggests they might want more.
    Dempsey on his way there
  • Do Charlton get more money the more he plays or does that part of his transfer no longer apply.
    A new contract for the player doesn't change anything.
    Dempsey on his way there
    Aye and Lucas is nearly match fit. That was the reason they were struggling in that area last season giving Jonjo his chance.
    I would love him back here on loan. Sadly I don't think they will loan him out again this season, I reckon he will be a regular on the bench.
  • Shelvey did great for B'pool on loan last year so maybe seeing that they'll loan him to us?
  • He'd definitely do better under Rodgers but I think he might still have to wait a bit longer for first team football there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Better player than Henderson, and he's in the England set-up, FFS!
  • Fantastic, well done Jonjo.
  • Well done Jonjo. Now to get yourself into England reckoning!
  • As much as I like Jonjo as a player, if he were to come on loan we'd have to massively re-jig the entire team to fit him in. Definitely wouldn't want him in the centre of a 4-4-2, so we'd have to switch to a 4-3-3/4-5-1, a formation which probably doesn't get the best out of other players in the team. I expect SCP will stick to his 'hard to beat' mantra this season, and it would be difficult to fit Shelvey into a system which wouldn't leave us open somewhere on the pitch.

But as others have said, I think Rodgers is the perfect guy to get the best out of him.
  • he's not a big enough name for us.
  • Well Done Jonjo. Good luck.
  • Might have a real chance of becoming a regular under Rogers, get the feeling that he might be no respecter of reputations.....
    I like that about Rogers...

Something the Eng manager should learn to do
  • Really pleased for Jonjo. Good luck!
    LOL. The likeness is uncanny!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Is it?

Jonjo still reads this site. Am sure he will find it funny.
  • Is it?

not just me who thought it out of order then.

Well done Jonjo, hope he can get himself in their team and stay there.

• edited July 2012
    Is it?

FFS here we go again. What is it with some people on this site!! I love Jonjo as a player & truly believe he will play for England. The Red Robin's post was clearly meant as a bit of harmless fun & should be treated as such!
  • Yes, harmless fun when taking a shot at someone else, but criticism that impacts your ego is worth whining about.
  • edited July 2012
    Whose ego ? Does he really worry what pictures are posted on Charlton Life ? He has had worse pictures out and about before now.

If the player visits this site as a member then why and what is his ID ? Or if he just comes here as a guest then why ?

I think @LargeAddick is actually JJS

• Whining - he's virtually screeching.
    Whose ego ? Does he really worry what pictures are posted on Charlton Life ? He has had worse pictures out and about before now.

If the player visits this site as a member then why and what is his ID ? Secondly, if he just comes here as a guest then why ?

Who the heck knows and who cares why or how he logs on? oddo.

• Whose ego ? Does he really worry what pictures are posted on Charlton Life ? He has had worse pictures out and about before now.

If the player visits this site as a member then why and what is his ID ? Or if he just comes here as a guest then why ?

LOL. Not quite.

LOL. The likeness is uncanny!!!!
    As is this, Jonjo seems to be moonlighting as one of those Observer blokes from US Sci-Fi hit Fringe:

I still love you JJS.
  • Club like west ham might loan him - He will love that