Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

ANFSCD: Would you take a £ job requiring you to sit in a pitch black room and do nothing 8hrs a day?

Would you accept a handsomely paid job offer, on footballer's pay of £30k/week, where you get paid to sit in a pitch black room and do nothing for 8 hours a day? Remember, you're on footballer's pay.

The job description is straightforward. You must remain in a small, pitch-black room on your own from 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday.

You are not allowed to bring anything with you. You are literally getting paid to do nothing and that is the point of employment.

You must be awake during all 40 work hours for the week otherwise you do not get paid for that week.

Most importantly, you cannot quit this job until you've been doing it for at least a year, the length of the contract, on order of severe penalties.

Would you do it?

Comments

• yep, where do I apply
  • Yep, you could retire after the year, although you may be mental by the end!
  • On the basis that I fall asleep in front of the TV waiting for Charlton matches when I want to stay awake no not now.

When I was younger and fitter I might have gone for it though.
  • I expect a few lifers could pass the time in full blown arguments with themselves ;-)
  • Where do I sign?
  • What about food and toilet breaks?
  • Ha, I knew all those years in local government wouldn't be wasted: had years of practice for this challenge!
  • Sorry, no breaks, toilet or otherwise. Do your business before you go in for the day, or just do it in the room. Every night the room is cleaned to its original condition, ready for the next day.
  • Absolutely not. Would you allow yourself to be tortured for 40 hours a week for a footballers pay? No of course not!
  • Sponsored links:

• I'd fall asleep. So not get paid.
  • No problem! Was a nightime sniper in Nam and those foxholes were pitch.
  • Yes I would sounds like the best job in the world. Sitting meditating
  • I can't last 5 mins without something to keep me amused. No music or books & no ciggie breaks, no trips to the ladies would be hellish! Sleeping within minutes.
  • Do you get a good pension and a company car?

What are the promotion prospects? Can I be locked in a dark mansions within three years.
  • I'm scared of the dark, am I allowed a teddy bear night light?

Absolutely no way would I do this job. Sounds like hell to me.
  • No problem! Was a nightime sniper in Nam and those foxholes were pitch.
    Was that Briming nam?

• I think I'd last about 5 mins in that job. Wouldn't be able to stay awake for 8 hours a day in pitch black conditions
  • yes please
  • Sponsored links:

• Sounds like CL during the close season.
  • Sorry, no breaks, toilet or otherwise. Do your business before you go in for the day, or just do it in the room. Every night the room is cleaned to its original condition, ready for the next day.
    Ah, that could be problematical. As one gets older one finds the word 'bladdered' has more than one meaning.
  • Nope. Lack of toilet breaks and requirement not to fall asleep in order to get paid are dealbreakers.
  • Sounds like a tube driver. But yes no problem
  • I seriously doubt many of you would take it. 40 hours a week of doing nothing for a year. I firmly believe you mind wouldn't cope with it.
  • Going to the Valley during the Parkinson years would have to count for you in the interview?
  • What a seriously weird thread.
  • I'd give it a go, but think I'd fall foul of the sleep penalty. And as for my sanity...
  • Will there be a supply of kleenex available?