Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Local Skip Hire

edited May 2012 in Not Sports Related
Not the most riveting thread you'll see but has anyone please got any idea what's a reasonable rate for a smallish skip for 24hrs? Had a look on one site and was gob-smacked to see £250. Is that typical or are they avin a larf? Grateful for any advice / recommendations, cheers.

Comments

• Yes, that's typical. I needed one recently.
  • Thanks - still in shock.
  • trust me a local skip hire company wanted £160 for a four yard skip. No thanks I said. I then contacted a company who come and collect the rubbish for you. Leave it out the front and we will come and give you a price they said. They turned up, looked at it, and said they'd remove it for £60 and do it then. Ok great I said. They loaded up the van and I paid them. Then transpires it was the same people. I'd try this option if I were you.
  • phone up and haggle. £250 too much.
    Or try:-

http://www.hippobag.co.uk/buy-online/

You can get these at Wicks as well.
  • I asked the chap who dropped off our skip why they were so expensive, and he said it's the disposal of the contents that costs so much.
  • I have had quite a few 6 yarders in the past year @ £200 a pop. I use Norris, they are reliable
    They will remove the skip within a few hours of asking. This is important for me as I dont like skips hanging around for too long, they encourage all sorts to root through and see what our up to.
  • A friend of mine does rubbish collection: Lee 0208 306 6466, m: 07961 461189.
  • Thanks very much everyone; much appreciated.
  • trust me a local skip hire company wanted £160 for a four yard skip. No thanks I said. I then contacted a company who come and collect the rubbish for you. Leave it out the front and we will come and give you a price they said. They turned up, looked at it, and said they'd remove it for £60 and do it then. Ok great I said. They loaded up the van and I paid them. Then transpires it was the same people. I'd try this option if I were you.
    Where do you think they dumped it ?
  • Exactly. Landfill taxes are going up and so legitimate charges for getting rid of waste are going up. The skip is cheap, it's what you put inside it that costs money to get rid of.
  • Sponsored links:

• Apols for bumping this.

Anyone recommend a skip place in Eltham/Welling area?
  • Do you just want rubbish removed? I've got someone who will load and take away (Licensed of course)
  • Got to clear out our garden and garage but need a skip really. Cheers though.
  • Just dump your rubbish at gillingham! It is a skip!
  • On scallies doorstep
  • Anyone hired a skip recently and can tell me what the current rate is for skip hire? Thanks in advance. 
  • so expensive now due to waste taxes etc, dependant on what you are taking away better off bagging it up and getting a truck to pick it up, we are a plumbing and heating company so we are always getting rid of tiles, sanitary ware etc a 3.5 ton truck with cage we pay 220 cash for a full load, we are based in kensington though. 
  • edited August 2019
    I paid £180 for one last week in Beckenham.  Not sure the actual size but was plenty big enough to clear the rubbish we'd accumulated...with space left for a pallet someone else dumped on it!
  • edited August 2019
    I used the company below for a skip I recently hired in the Maidstone area. Very good service and the book online system is great plus it will tell you if they cover your area.

https://www.gboxkent.com/skip-hire/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI08zkqIKA5AIVmK3tCh0zAwJ6EAAYAiAAEgL-M_D_BwE
  • RMS have come in to the local Charlton area now - branching out in to skips and they seem to be all over the place, like their wagons. Must be competition for more established companies.

• Sponsored links:

• Anyone hired a skip recently and can tell me what the current rate is for skip hire? Thanks in advance. 
    Back in the day mate I would have said give your local Skoda dealer a ring but since VW got involved sorry I can't help ya 😉.