Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Dartford Crossing Toll charge to go up by 50p (ed. up to 2.50 soon)

Govt announced today the toll charge at Dartford is to go up from £1.50 to £2 for cars. See http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/transport/dartford-crossing-toll-charge-to-go-up-by-50p-7778242.html

That's a 33% increase. Other Govt figures out today show inflation has fallen to 3%. This Government must think we are complete idiots.

Comments

• Not bad considering they said it would be free once it had paid for itself. Greedy b******s!!
  • A Tory increase? Whatever next.
  • It must speed things up. Glad it's £2
  • That's a 33% increase. Other Govt figures out today show inflation has fallen to 3%. This Government must think we are complete idiots.
    We are, we'll continue to pay it and just moan on internet forums. ;-)

• Govt announced today the toll charge at Dartford is to go up from £1.50 to £2 for cars. See http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/transport/dartford-crossing-toll-charge-to-go-up-by-50p-7778242.html

That's a 33% increase. Other Govt figures out today show inflation has fallen to 3%. This Government must think we are complete idiots.
    Also says in the same article that there have been no increases for 4 years, so your 33% increase spread out over those years is more like 8% a year. Don't get me wrong I'm all for a bit of Tory bashing but if you are going to quote an annual indicator such as inflation I think using a 4 year increase is a bit unfair
    I believe it was a Labour government that went back on the promise to make it free once the building costs were recouped.

• another reason to not go to Essex
  • You love Essex
    Never a truer work spoken......................
  • tossers, although no great surprise.

use it near enough every day due to work but am now looking at other ways of crossing the Thames.
  • Sponsored links:

• Another reason to not go to away games
  • blackwall tunnel, a13 instead?
  • So if you need to use it there and back 5 days a week that is a bag of sand in toll fees alone youll pay in a year.

How do the f*ckwits in charge expect people to make a living in this country.
  • tossers, although no great surprise.

use it near enough every day due to work but am now looking at other ways of crossing the Thames.
    Swimming across?
  • edited May 2012
    blackwall tunnel, a13 instead?
    live in bexleyheath so blackwall is a non starter.

they know they've got us by the goolies and their attitude is f*** 'em.

might try this

• I have a dart tag. Works out well cheap and if you live in Dartford you get 50 free journeys a year. Well worth looking into if you use it all the time. Works out at 10p a journey after the 50 free ones.
  • This is one of several things that really annoy me - must be getting old and grumpy!

It is now a "congestion charge", yet when there was a power cut (when the power lines were nicked a while back) and the gates were opened the speed of traffic went up, proving that it's actually a charge which creates congestion.

This government says it wants us to try hard to get jobs, but where is the incentive for people in Kent to take low-paid jobs in Essex? You'd end up working most of the day just to pay the toll.
    Another reason not to go to Kent!
  • Quite reasonable for the essex people.
    Pay 2 quid to come into The Garden and then 2 quid on way home to say thanks.
  • CONGESTION CHARGE HAS GONE UP ......50PENCE more to cause a traffic jam .... great idea......cheers!
  • Sponsored links:

• The Garden of England. We should be charging the Essexites £200..
  • The toll undoubtably causes congestion but raises a lot of money. No government - whatever their colour is going pass that up. Rush hour commuters subsidise the railways, Self funders in care homes subsidise council funded ones.... there are lots of examples where things aren't fair, but if there is a way of getting your hard earned, no government will pass it up.
  • I thought the toll bridge was owned by some French company?
    I believe it was a Labour government that went back on the promise to make it free once the building costs were recouped.

All politicians are all liers . it's just that the Tory's are more experienced at at!
  • Get a dart tag will save more than the 50p people!
  • Live in belvedere and work in Romford. Hell of a lot cheaper to get a 3-6 travelcard and that's with a dart tag
  • As a protest, i will be paying the toll in lots of small change, ie 5p coins, hopefully everyone will do the same and this will cause more delays whilst they count all the coins. About time the people that use it stand up and dont take this crap, i use the bridge occasionly and this is just a pi*s take now, it was meant to be free years ago!
  • All Governments think we are idiots ------ they only give a rats arse every five years. They are in fact correct as we always fall for the big two shit bags.

oooooooooooooooo we are going to have a vote on the EU ----------------not really been conned by both sides on that promise, but some will buy that yet again.

Labour never told a lie in 13 years-----------i give you "2.5 million British jobs for British workers" except it wasnt legal---wasnt said and didnt happen 78% went to non Brits. Still couldnt have been a Labourtwat that said that could it. Weapons of mas bullshit anyone ?deregulation? no mass immigration ? nope you can trust the Labour Party.
  • During the consultation they talked about congestion charging, but in a previous consultation they stated the toll booths were the cause of the congestion. All a pile of shite.
  • All Governments think we are idiots ------ they only give a rats arse every five years. They are in fact correct as we always fall for the big two shit bags.

oooooooooooooooo we are going to have a vote on the EU ----------------not really been conned by both sides on that promise, but some will buy that yet again.

Labour never told a lie in 13 years-----------i give you "2.5 million British jobs for British workers" except it wasnt legal---wasnt said and didnt happen 78% went to non Brits. Still couldnt have been a Labourtwat that said that could it. Weapons of mas bullshit anyone ?deregulation? no mass immigration ? nope you can trust the Labour Party.
    And you can trust the Tories???

The reality is that the one thing you can be sure of every five years - the majority of us will be shafted whoever is in power.