Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jonjo Shelvey - euro 2012?

I think so. Many would dismiss the idea but I think he would be good enough from what I know and what I have seen of him. More of a squad player, but he is a great passer of the ball and could be a useful asset if you stick him on in the last 10 mins.

Think he would be confident enough and would not be phased by it.

Comments

• No chance
  • No it's to soon I think he should set his sights on a place in the Olympic Squad or even the get some more experience for the U-21's. Real talent though was gutted when we had let him go.
  • Think he would be just perfect for the Olympic squad.
  • If memory serves me right, didn't Roy Hodgson sign him for the pool? Stranger things have happened (walmart getting pick but never playing for the gunners).

Apart from lack of experience,I really don't think it would happen. Roy is under extreme pressure from the press, who are ready to lynch him before he's even picked a team so highly unlikely................
  • I think Benitez signed Shelvey.
  • I think Benitez signed Shelvey.
    think this, or he was one of those cory gibbs signings in which Liverpool didn't have a manager as such when the deal went through.
  • No way for the Euros but would definitely have him in the Olympic squad
  • Has he played for the U21s yet?
  • The Shelvey signing was Kenny Dalgiah initiated even though he was not manager at the time. I think.
  • Sponsored links:

• Gave the ball away a few times last night, but great tekkers for the goal and was orchestrating team-mates where to pass all match. Great touch and moves the ball quickly which is key. Knows where everyone is before he gets the ball. Future captain? A yes from me, especially if Parker, Whiltshire don't make it. SG,FL,GB and MC should be behind him as they haven't delivered consistently.
  • We in an even worst state than I thought if England have to call up Jonjo . It's far too early.
  • Has he played for the U21s yet?
    4 times keep up Len.

• Souness signed him when he was 1
  • No, Olympics might be too soon as well. Good player but not yet i think
  • edited May 2012
    Hodgson could do worse. But would it be too late to integrate him into the team structure ? .. assuming that there actually IS a structure. And while I'm here, the Ferdinand/Terry 'thing' .. easy .. pick neither of them, although for my part, Terry would be the choice if it were essential to choose one or the other
  • Maybe for the next major tournament but not just yet. I'm still upset about the fact Bent didn't go to the 06 world cup as Walcott went instead.
  • Maybe for the next major tournament but not just yet. I'm still upset about the fact Bent didn't go to the 06 world cup as Walcott went instead.
    I was upset too, and in 2010.

• edited May 2012
    Maybe for the next major tournament but not just yet. I'm still upset about the fact Bent didn't go to the 06 world cup as Walcott went instead.
    i was moaning about this again today. still haven't got over it either

• Would love to see it but IMO he'll need to stop giving the ball away before he will be let near the England 1st Team.

His first touch lets him down too often. Can't give the ball away at that level.
  • Sponsored links:

• He done a few dodgy passes last night but he was very involved, lots of good passes aswell.

That was probably the biggest game of he's career so far and didn't shy away from it.

I agree the olympics would be a better route for him at this moment in time.
  • Not ready yet. Got to establish himself in the first team before he can be considered for England.
  • Would love to see it but IMO he'll need to stop giving the ball away before he will be let near the England 1st Team.

His first touch lets him down too often. Can't give the ball away at that level.
    Sounds like Gerrard.

• After one good game for Liverpool against an under strength Chelsea - behave!
  • Gone down hill since leaving Charlton...........JOKE.
    Give him another two years and he will be ready for Brazil 2014.
  • More chance of me being called up!
  • Only for a computer game.
  • Nowhere near at the moment.
  • I reckon he'll become a regular in the future. Not ready yet, though.