Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

"Superstitions" ?

Was giving blood today (56 pint, thanks for asking) and was next to a lady who was nervous and asked others to talk to whilst giving. "What superstitions do you follow ?" she asked.
Other than "Touch wood" (whilst touching my temple) and wearing certain clothes to CAFC games, none.
Then I heard "Soluting Magpies", "Avoiding Black cats", and one lady said "Never cross on a staircase" ?
Anyone seriously follow superstitions & why ?

Comments

• Football ones like you just in case I jinx it!
  • I'm not allowed to predict results of our games.
  • Always spit on my palm before cracking one off
    That's a DIY tip, not a superstition.
    Hahahahaha
  • n'er cast a clout e're may is out .. and i NEVER walk under ladders
  • Nae rim if she have'ne got a quim
  • She in to superstition black cats and voodoo dolls ;)
  • Another 2 weeks and I can change my pants & socks........
  • not really a superstition but, yesterday when we got in the car to go to The Valley the radio came on still on Magic FM which I never usually listen to but driving home in the week I'd put it on when trying to reach another channel liked the song and left it on for the short journey. Anyway, the song that was on was 'We are the Champions' by Queen. We both looked at each other, grinned and both said 'is that a sign'?

From that point on yesterday i KNEW we were going to do it yesterday. My last game of the season so I'm so chuffed.
  • Sponsored links:

• I always use the same turnstile, have done for 5/6 years since I moved to the upper north.
    After the two defeats on the spin to notts county and colchester i changed to the next turnstile for the following game and have continued using the new one since.
    Nice to know I've played my part in a fantastic season. You're all very welcome for my input in the change of fortune after a little dip in form.
  • Same as: Every season start with Gate 31, acouple of years back think I used it afew times after using 32, 33, 34.......
  • Same as: Every season start with Gate 31, acouple of years back think I used it afew times after using 32, 33, 34.......
    Always use 34