Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Hearts v Hibs

At last something interesting is happening north of the border other than Rangers going bust and Neil Lennon acting like a complete lemon. The two Edinburgh clubs will play each other in the final of the Scottish F A Cup for the first time since 1896. This is a remarkable statistic and serves to show how much and for how long Scots football has been dominated by the Glasgow 'old firm' with occasional interruptions from the likes of Aberdeen and the Dundees.
It's good news for those who are interested in competitive as opposed to monopoly sport and brightens up what is the most boring and lack-lustre of the major European leagues. I hope that soon the old firm monopoly will be shattered or at least dented and as in Holland, France and Germany we will see smaller clubs taking on and beating the older sclerotic outfits. I am looking forward to watching a full blooded capital city clash albeit it will take place in the rival city of Glasgow. I'd love to see Irvine Welsh doing a match report for the 'Scotsman'

Comments

• a repeat of 98, charlton promoted and hearts to win the scottish cup!

got my cousin on the case to get my ticket in the hearts end (even though he's a hobo, a couple of his pals are jambo's)
  • edited April 2012
    a repeat of 98, charlton promoted and hearts to win the scottish cup!

got my cousin on the case to get my ticket in the hearts end (even though he's a hobo, a couple of his pals are jambo's)
    mmm... does lightening strike twice in the same spot ? .. enjoy the game cafcdave
  • I agree Lincs a good day for football.

Classic celebration. Still want Hibs to win.
  • You can tell he's Scottish. Look how pale is skin is!
  • Racist
  • You can tell he's Scottish. Look how pale is skin is!
    like Billy Connelly said .. ye have tae lie in the sun for 2 days 'til yer blue skin turns white .. or something similar
  • a repeat of 98, charlton promoted and hearts to win the scottish cup!

mmm... does lightening strike twice in the same spot ? .. enjoy the game cafcdave
    would be nice if we had a friendly up there aswell this summer (like we did in 98 at the valley) if we cant have any at home due to the olympics
  • @cafcdave123 would be nice if we had a friendly up there aswell this summer (like we did in 98 at the valley) if we cant have any at home due to the olympics

it sure would Hearts v Charlton sounds like a good excuse for a summer weekend away .. though if it clashes with 'the festival' it would be a VERY expensive w/end away.
  • With those sideburns, it looks like Beattie was around for the last "Capital Derby" game in 1896 as well!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• ^ In Scotland, time stands still .. Brigadoon
  • Racist
    Er...Some of my friends are Scottish?!
  • Hibs have a shocking record playing hearts
  • @cafcdave123 would be nice if we had a friendly up there aswell this summer (like we did in 98 at the valley) if we cant have any at home due to the olympics

it sure would Hearts v Charlton sounds like a good excuse for a summer weekend away .. though if it clashes with 'the festival' it would be a VERY expensive w/end away.

it starts at the begining of August as does the season give or take a week so all friendlies would be done and dusted by then.

i've got tickets to see frankie boyle in edinburgh 2nd august and that's not going to be cheep
  • i only ever went one Scottish match, St Johnstone vs Hearts in about 1983 - Hearts had to win to get promoted or somesuch thing - the whole of Perth was invaded by their fans - some pwopa nawty lads around that day, Perth looked like a riot zone afterwards...