Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Out-of-contract players 2012

edited April 2012 in General Charlton
I've been looking at lists of players whose contracts expire in the summer, assuming that we may have to be quite shrewd once again in the transfer market - it's made for some interesting reading! here's the website - http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/spieler/vertragsende/basics_GB3_2012.html

That page is for league one players but you can see pretty much every out-of-contract player from most European leagues on that website.

Anyway, Ched Evans contract is up at the end of the season, as well as Coutts from PNE and Joey Gudjonsson from Hudds, 2 very useful midfielders.

There's literally hundreds of players available on free transfers at the moment!

Comments

• Anyway, Ched Evans will be banged up at the end of the season. Allegedly :-)
  • Irrespective as to the outcome of the court case from what we read he is unlikely to have his current contract renewed on the same terms.
  • Is that an independent web site only I'm sure that Jackson signed a two year extension last summer and I just can't see Hollands having signed a one year deal last summer when he was a free.

Basically I have my doubts about the accuracy of the site.
  • Hollands i am sure signed a 3 year deal as did the likes of Wiggins and Stephens, Jacko extended his contract by another year

Does anyone know who of the current squad is out of contract at the end of this season?
  • Doc
    Alonso
    Mambo
    Euell
    Pritchard
    Yann - Although i think he has a clause of automatic year if promoted?
  • Wonder if we re-sign Alonso?
  • Out of that list we have to keep Yann, i would keep Pritchard for another year and see how he goes, made the step up from non league to League 1 ok, not sure about Mambo but suspect he might ne let go.
    Doc's time is up as is Euell's and as for Alonso who!!!!
  • I reckon Alonso, Doc, Hayes, Hughes and Euell will be gone, Mambo might get a chance to be our 4th choice defender, and people like Harriott and Cousins will feature more
  • I see Marc Pugh at Bournemouth contract is coming to an end. He is ready for the step up to the championship and would be one hell of a signing.
  • Sponsored links:

• I would guess that Leon Clarke would be added to the list of leavers.
  • I would guess that Leon Clarke would be added to the list of leavers.
    He has another year under contract, so might just be out on loan.

• http://www.cafc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10267~2450192,00.html
    Yann signed a 2 year deal
    and has since told fans he was promised another year if we got promoted

• The likes of Gough, Popo and Warren also have contracts that are set to expire.
  • Simeon Jackson? Would take him
  • Jason Scotland, Chris Martin from Norwich too
  • would take jay rodriguez or however you spell it, from burnley
  • I see Marc Pugh at Bournemouth contract is coming to an end. He is ready for the step up to the championship and would be one hell of a signing.
    would be good back up for jacko
  • Jason Scotland's just activated a clause for an extension, and agreed to not take the wage increase he was entitled to...... so not sure on him being ooc.
  • Sponsored links:

• Not a chance in hell of us signing Ched Evans. I think Chrissy's on record as looking at the character of the man as well as the player in the way that Curb's used to. I think Evans would fail that test on the evidence presented so far this month...

Pugh at Bournemouth would be a good 'un though. The last two from there turned out okay didn't they and having Wiggy and Danny here has got to be a point in our favour?
  • Simon church at WBA want out scores goals in the champs
  • Ched Evans if he does get off, will probably stay at Sheffield United on the same kind of money
    He plays for reading?
  • A Sheffield Utd fan told me Evans was on premiership wages still, some 18k a week!
    I don't know how much truth there is in that, but I'd wager his wages are pretty ridiculous. If Utd don't go up this season I doubt he'd stay.
    simon cox?
  • Someone told me Matty Fryatt at Hull was out of contract at the end of the season, with Powell's Leicster connections I reckon we might have half a chance.
  • Dont think we will be doing all our shopping in those stores i expect 1 or 2 biggish named signings
  • edited April 2012
    I'd love to see Koren coming to us from Hull. He's 31, talented and experienced at the highest level and could come for a reasonable salary. Also, he might fancy playing in London before his career goes on the wane. He would bring a lot of ability, perception, pace, goal scoring potential and class to our midfield.
  • Defencer ? .. Whitbread from Norwich .. ex Millwall, US International, a very good central defender. One doubt .. he may now be suffering from an injury which is proving difficult to clear up