Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Dalglish

Since he took over i have been a keen observer, of whats going on there,

he was a real footballer when i was growing up and a proper mustard player

then fromn when he took over at Blackburn i disliked him, i thought the year we beat them whilst on route to them going up he just irritaed the crap out of me,
Watching him today and all season i have said to many the fella is a dinosaur , out of touch out of date and totally out of his depth

this season he has shown himself to be a real poor manager, i am starting to wonder if this is the end of kenny dalglish in football, when he gets the sack and he will thats obvious, he should just vanish into the distance and have nothing to do with managing or liverpool football club

his attitude to the media is ridiculous, to even suggest that Carrol didnt dive is hillarious

the suarez affair was tedius to say the least

his inability to be criticised or take criticism is amazing

him and fergie cant be that far apart in age yet i fergie comes across 20 years younger in his responses and his portrayl to the public

shame really , i dont have any affinity to the bin dippers but Dalglish was a great player but he will be remembered as a man so out of touch with football, look at the money spent on players, and his tactics and ability to manage

yet i dont feel sorry watching his dimise

Comments

• dalglish did his usual surly sulky prick impression when they Sky Sports fella tried to ask him about their poor current form he walked away
  • i loved him as a player but he is awful and the liverpool fans must be in agony not voicing the fact that they want him sacked can see some terrace bust ups happening there
  • Pretty much agree with everything in the 1st post.

Anyone who spends £35m on a pony(tail) like Carroll hasn't got a scooby about football.
  • If he doesn't win the F.A cup I reckon he will be sacked. Liverpool have been awful in the league this season but Dalglish's 2 cup runs may save him for a bit.
  • The Scousers hounded out Hodgson because they wanted their old legend back, they got him and - quelle surprise - its turning out to be a disaster.

Buying Henderson, Carroll and Downing for 60 million quid whilst ignoring the likes of Bent and Parker - who were available and would have been perfect for Liverpool - was scandalous really.

Personally, I think Liverpool need to sell Gerrard and build the new team around their next generation of players.
  • edited April 2012
    They'll never sack him as such, I wouldn't be surprised if he walked if they fail to beat Everton in the cup, just as he did in '91.
  • Risky for the Yanks to sack him outright, could be tempted to move him to a Director of Football role instead to soften the blow.

I would love to see Mourinho go to Liverpool and bring them back to life, would be a great story.
  • Can't stand the man, such a bad loser and his antics this season have been disgraceful can't wait to see him get sacked. Just hope sky don't hire him.
  • Pretty much agree with all of the above. A great player but now he just comes over as arrogant and standoffish. His handling of the Suarez affair was atrocious and I think the aftermath of that was the beginning of the end. I remember when he came back to liverpool he was buoyant. Now he just looks old and, in some ways, a broken man. I think he'll be out soon.
  • A great player no doubt but like in any business not everyone is cut out to be or is capable of being a manager.
    Like OA says Mourino would be good.
  • Sponsored links:

• Mourinho would suit Liverpool as he always plays the victim.
  • Not sure how to retrieve but I posted comments on Daglish a long time ago. Man is a joke. He had already been found out before he took this job. The scousers deserve him and now they've got him. Hounded a good manager who would have spent 60m on decent players.
  • At half time at the last game of the 89 season he told the Liverpool players not to worry as arsenal still needed to score in order to win the league. Also was hopeless at Newcastle, blowing millions on awful players.
  • They might lose to Everton in the Semi and then it will look very bleak, but if they do manage to win the FA Cup as well as the League Cup then this will be a fantastic season for them.

We need to remember that Arsenal haven't won a trophy for c. 7 seasons and Liverpool are two wins from winning two in one season.

The squad that Hodgson left was laughable if/when compared to any of the 'Top 5' so two trophies in one season is a magnificent achievement. Even one Cup must be seen as an achievement.

I know that spent some £60 on three players that are hardly world class, but Chelsea have spend c.£500m, and City are not far behind.
  • At half time at the last game of the 89 season he told the Liverpool players not to worry as arsenal still needed to score in order to win the league. Also was hopeless at Newcastle, blowing millions on awful players.

also hopeless at Celtic

"it's never their fault
    It's never their fault
    always the victims
    It's never their fault"

• Agree with NLA other than we won't be sacked. He'll walk like he did last time.
  • Couldn't agree more. The only thing wrong with this thread is that you won't find anyone to argue, thereby spicing up the discussion. It's always sad when a true hero spoils it all by believing that he can do no wrong.
  • Can never understand a word the sweaty sock says.
  • agree with everything in the first post and also with Henry, can't see him being sacked, think he'll walk at the end of the season.

he's just embarrassing when he's being interviewed
  • I would be sorry to see him leave Liverpool because I would miss his ability to talk utter garbage in the face of overwhelming evidence. I find those poat match interviews highly entertaining. He is demonstrating that he has no idea about players, splurging squillions on the likes of the dross that is Carroll, Henderson and Downing as just three examples. He should look across Stanley Park to see how a great manager operates. I agree with Henry that he will walk rather than be sacked (especially if Liverpool lose to Everton) although the face-saver for him and the club is a place on the board.
  • Sponsored links:

• I agree with every single word on this thread, even funnier though was a caller to 606 last night suggesting Keegan should come in till the end of the season.
    Keegan needs to join up with Hoddle and sort England out - that's not a joke.
    Good cop/bad cop. Hoddle great coach but poor manager of men. He can sort them out on the training field and Keegan can console whoever Hoddle upsets with a game of cards and an arm round their shoulder.
  • cant stand him, his team or their fans
  • I think he's doing a brilliant job and long may it continue!

Seriously though, I didn't really give a monkey's about Liverpool or Dalglish but their antics this season, particularly over the Suarez fiasco, has turned me right against them. Right through the club from the supporters to the board room they've behaved appallingly and been a disgrace to the badge. The arrogance displayed by anyone linked to the club is staggering to see. They simply refuse to except any wrong doing on their part and live in total denial....it's always someone elses fault isn't it!

As for King Kenny himself, well as others have said here, he looks a broken man doesn't he. You can actually see him ageing before our very eyes with each interview....getting greyer and greyer, one shade at a time....i'm loving it!

He won't be sacked though...even their board can't be that stupid can they? But I can definately see him being `persuaded' to walk at the end of the season....and he'd probably jump at the chance.
  • edited April 2012
    He has a very close affinity to the fans not only from his playing days but in the aftermath of the Hilsborough tradegy when he visited most if not all of the families of the victims. Whatever the rights and wrongs surrounding the terrible loss of life that day there has been a siege mentality with all connected with Liverpool against the outside world ever since imo. He will therefore not be sacked. On the footballing side of things he has been out of the game far too long IMHO whereas Ferguson has changed with the times. The Suarez affair did him no favours whatsoever and his squandering of £60m on three mediocre players makes Benitez look a top draw manager in transfer dealings! He will resign either sooner or later.
  • I hate his wide grin when his teams score, really want to slap him when he does it.
  • I hate his wide grin when his teams score, really want to slap him when he does it.
    Trouble is you don't get to see that grin that often

also hopeless at Celtic

"it's never their fault
    It's never their fault
    always the victims
    It's never their fault"

I think he was just the football director at septic as part of the dream team with John Barnes as Manager. Super Cally go Ballistic..
  • i think its pretty obvious to anyone that Kenny just purely and simply isnt enjoying it
    they say never go back ...how true in his case .I will always remember Kenny as one of the greatest players i have ever seen rather than someone who continually scowls at the press or media ..i hope he gets a dignified exit at the end of the season for both parties
  • Can't stand the bloke.

So predictable in his interviews. A liverpool plastic at work is always giving it the biggun about him being a ledge.

Sent him a lovely email this morning how a ledge has spent dicks loads on Henderson,downing,Adam and caroll. Pure chuff
  • Ochayvesinhetmiwyontymzyekenaanitzuhsteenwolpiulteeydinnaken.Youzzdinneavahkloowahyahtauknaboot.
    Kenny's reply to the interviewer on Sky. Well that's what it sounded like to me.