Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Please try and use the right categories at first....

edited August 2006 in Troubleshooting
Charlton / football related in General.

Inane rubbish in Not Charlton related.

cheers peeps.

Comments

• edited August 2006
    Yes, though all the Discussions appear together on the Discussions page (you don't say!), and you don't have to go hunting to see where the action is, the Categories help people to sort through kinds of Discussions they are not interested in, or to search etc. You can also block Discussions in particular Categories that you are not interested in (Log in; Categories page; Block Category).

Oh... and in addition, if you start a Discussion but forget to choose a Category, or choose the wrong one, then the person who started the Discussion can go to their first comment, then edit and change the Category as well as the text in the comment.
  • Whats the "Sink This Discussion" all about on the left hand side admin?
  • Under what category should I post a joke about non-charlton related travel announcements?
  • lol.

wherever you like. would love to hear it !!
  • [cite]Posted By: cafcpolo[/cite]Whats the "Sink This Discussion" all about on the left hand side admin?

I'll give you an example: let's say a totally fictitious character, bearing no resemeblance whatsoever to anyone we might know, called, for examples sake, CharlestonDaniel gets into a lengthy slanging match with, let's use another totally fictitious character... ummmm.... Johnny the Feline's Socks, and it goes on and on, and then on and on, then you can "Sink it" so that new ramblings don't push the Discussion threads to the top (but they still will for others who don't sink them ie it's your preference). They can carry on, those not interested won't have to keep seeing the Discussions.

May be a valuable feature!
  • so basically, if you are viewing in the discussion screen, every time there is a new post, it will rise to the top. If you choose to 'sink the discussion', it won't rise to the top for you.
  • Exactly...
  • So what happened to the individuals choice to sink threads???

WE WANT ANSWERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • What category does we hate palarse come in
  • cunning... when I said "Exactly..." I should have said "Exactly, except individuals "Members" can't sink discussions, only those with appropriate permissions (eg admin).
  • Sponsored links:

• and can we discuss why people with appropriate permissions sunk our smoking thread please? no one wants to give us an answer.
  • [cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite]cunning... when I said "Exactly..." I should have said "Exactly, except individuals "Members" can't sink discussions, only those with appropriate permissions (eg admin).

Right. Can you unsink our smoking thread, as you have the power?
  • PC gone mad, fascist state, my freedom of speech curtailed, blah, blah, blah.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]PC gone mad, fascist state, my freedom of speech curtailed, blah, blah, blah.

Yeah, they'll be banning smoking next. Fascits!

oops!
  • Neeeeeeeee Naaaawwwww, Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Naaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwww!

(Am I too late?)
  • a tad, but a very realistic siren, well done.