Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Best Ever England shirts

In line with the new England shirt my top 3 in order

1) image

2) image

3) image

Comments

• first one is the best
  • 2) Spain 82 world cup - lovely shirt
  • 2) great looking shirt. shorts looked a bit to snug though.
  • 2) defo best ever
  • My fav was the admiral one before no. 2. Thin blue and red stripes down the sleeve. Got mine from san fernando in blackfen.
  • The shirt we wore at Italia 90 is my favourite, nice pale blue version as well. It would be the Euro 96 one but the badge in the middle spoils that a little.
  • DaveMehmet 8:31PM Quote
    My fav was the admiral one before no. 2. Thin blue and red stripes down the sleeve. Got mine from san fernando in blackfen.
    Still got mine, long sleeved version - can still get into it, but looks like it's been sprayed on.

• 2). My parents were too poor to buy me the shirt so I had a pair of pyjamers that were the same. They were official Admiral pyjamers but it wasn't the actual shirt.

• Surely this one tops the lot?
  • 2). My parents were too poor to buy me the shirt so I had a pair of pyjamers that were the same. They were official Admiral pyjamers but it wasn't the actual shirt.
    Lol , I had the same . Bloody loved em too

• Sponsored links:

• edited February 2012
    2). My parents were too poor to buy me the shirt so I had a pair of pyjamers that were the same. They were official Admiral pyjamers but it wasn't the actual shirt.
    I share your pain KHA. When this came out... image

....me and my brothers could not believe our luck when our mum took us down to get one of these shell suits from the world reknowned sporting label powerhouse that was men's discount clothes shop "Winners" in Orpington High Street circa 1990 which had a perpetual "Closing Down- EVERYTHING must go!!!!!!!!" sign on a handwritten poster in the window.

Unfortunatley as my unsympathetic peers pointed out at football training the "Umbro" logo on my new outfit was square rather than diamond and there was no badge.

My pride was once again dented years later as a 16year old turning up at a pub in looking what I thought "the bollox" in my purple embossed Lacoste jumper.

All went well until in front of the whole group during a game of pool I was playing my mate decided to point out with uninhibited glee that it actually read "LacAste"....something id failed to notice hitherto much to the derision of my "mates" and the unimpressed girls out with us that night.

Missed the next few shots and was close to tears of shame.

A week later i knocked a table over chatting up a girl in the Black Horse in Sidcup spilling about 5 pints over my sternly pressed chinos. Cue a group of "bigger boys" stood at the bar shouting "Faaarking hell....look at that bloke...he's only gone and pissed himself" and the packed pub howling with laughter as i felt a big part of me slowly dying inside.

I stayed in and watched Red Dwarf for a good few Fridays after that.
  • Loved RCT's story above! Haha, happy days :D
  • http://www.classicfootballshirts.co.uk/international-teams/european/england.html
    A few interesting charlton shirts on here.
    would love the 88 away, but cant pay that
  • Here are the new shirts: http://www.skysports.com/gallery/detail/0,,12739_7539767,00.html#photo=0
    I see you have adopted my rule of posting :)

• I sold a load of old shirts to these people recenty. Got over £150 for them. I didn't have the 88 away but it did include the home version.

Those ones for serious money were actual shirts worn back in the day but they have been up for sale on there for months and months. I think the chap that runs the site lets vendors list their shirts on there for a speculative punt.

I though about putting some of my more rare shirts on there but I dot really wan to sell them so I'd have been wasting my time.

• Surely this one tops the lot?
    Oh Yes!