Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Another request from FourFourTwo magazine

You may remember that we've helped FourFourTwo magazine in the past. Some months ago we provided a consensus view of our best-ever foreign players, and that article is due for publication in the April issue (out on 1st March).

Now they are asking us to help identify the best 50 players outside the Premier League.

They are asking a straightforward question: who do we consider to be the BEST THREE PLAYERS IN LEAGUE 1? These should not include those who represent Charlton. We'll let the other Clubs deal with that!

There are a few things we need to bear in mind:

• We should base our selection mainly on performances this season, although overall class should be taken into account
• Players who were transferred outside the Football League over Christmas are NOT eligible (such as Marvin Sordell, who has joined Bolton). Loan signings do count, but only if from another Football League club
• We should not base our votes purely on matches we’ve been to, but take into consideration games seen on TV. FourFourTwo wants us to be the voice of Charlton, so opening up the debate with fellow fans is encouraged

OK, over to you, Ladies and Gentlemen. Our deadline is midnight on Saturday 11th Feb. I will then collate the consensus view at that point for onward transmission to FourFourTwo.

Thanks.

Comments

• Llera is a must (lol)
  • Wiggins - Charlton
    Rhodes - Huddersfield
    Lowe - Sheff Wed
  • Wiggins - Charlton
    Rhodes - Huddersfield
    Lowe - Sheff Wed
    You may remember that we've helped FourFourTwo magazine in the past. Some months ago we provided a consensus view of our best-ever foreign players, and that article is due for publication in the April issue (out on 1st March).

Now they are asking us to help identify the best 50 players outside the Premier League.

They are asking a straightforward question: who do we consider to be the BEST THREE PLAYERS IN LEAGUE 1? These should not include those who represent Charlton. We'll let the other Clubs deal with that!There are a few things we need to bear in mind:

• We should base our selection mainly on performances this season, although overall class should be taken into account
    • Players who were transferred outside the Football League over Christmas are NOT eligible (such as Marvin Sordell, who has joined Bolton). Loan signings do count, but only if from another Football League club
    • We should not base our votes purely on matches we’ve been to, but take into consideration games seen on TV. FourFourTwo wants us to be the voice of Charlton, so opening up the debate with fellow fans is encouraged

OK, over to you, Ladies and Gentlemen. Our deadline is midnight on Saturday 11th Feb. I will then collate the consensus view at that point for onward transmission to FourFourTwo.

Thanks.

• Stupid boy.
  • Rory Loy - Carlisle
    Jordan Rhodes - Huddersfield
    Stephen Quinn - Sheffield United
  • Jordan Rhodes - Huddersfield
    Dean Lewington - MK Dons
  • think I'd have to agree with Dabos as we can't pick our own players
  • edited February 2012
    Jordan Rhodes
    Miguel Llera
    Kevin Lisbie

(Really dont know who apart from Rhodes)
  • lowton - sheff u
    john-lewis - bury
    bean - brentford
  • Anthony Wordsworth Colchester
    Stephen Gleeson MK Dons
    Jordan Rhodes Huddersfield
  • Sponsored links:

• Llera is a must (lol)
    Without a shadow of a doubt he is a far too good for us....
  • Seems daft that we can't nominate our own players, but have to choose others based on one match actually seen or what we may have caught on TV? Rhodes was utterly useless in the match at The Valley!
  • Jordan Rhodes - Huddersfield (obviously)
    Ched Evans - Sheffield United
    Jose Semedo - Sheffield Wed
  • edited February 2012
    Andy Keogh, Darius Henderson and Liam Trotter all Millwall.................Oh hang on a minute they're not down yet........Oops!
  • Don't see how anyone can nominate Rhodes. he never got a touch against us.
  • Jordan Rhodes - just cos he hasn't scored against us doesn't mean he's not a good players
    Grant holt
    Ricky lambert

Because he is comfortably the best player in the division.
  • llera mcormack david mooney
  • Were the instructions that difficult?

McCombe
    Prutton
    Rhodes
  • Rhodes, Gleeson, Quinn.
  • Sponsored links:

• I suppose you need to think which 3 players you would pick for Charlton if you could pick any. Rhodes is a no brainer then it gets harder. Legge always looks decent then I might go with Semedo!
  • Rhodes Quinn Cox
  • Jordan Rhodes
    Stephen Quinn
    Dean Lewington
    Because he is comfortably the best player in the division.
    Well I've only seen him live once ( against us ) and he was comfortably crap.
    I can only base my opinion on what I've seen.
  • Tricky one this season. Usually I'd just name players at other clubs who I think would improve ours, but as we're the best team this year it's a little more challenging. So...

Jordan Rhodes - although he struggled against our defence.
    Richard Lee - I think he's the best keeper in this division now.
    Dean Lewington - although he'd not get in ahead of Wiggins
  • Jordan Rhodes - Huddersfield
    Stephen Gleeson - MK Dons
  • Stupid boy.
    busy
  • edited February 2012
    Surely the 3 best players in the division are all at Sheff Weds.....?

In fact make that the best 11 players in the division.
    I have it on good authority from Owls Talk.
  • Lowton - Sheff utd right back
    Rhodes - Hudds
    Evans - Quality in league one, but pony any level above.
  • Rhodes and Richard Lee

Furman at Oldham is decent as are Quinn at Sheff u and Semedo