Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

WHAT A GOAL

That is all.....

Comments

• edited January 2012
    Makes the previous 90 minutes worth it
  • Great noise when that one went in. The 14,000 or so went a bit potty for 60 seconds.

Dale had a couple of earlier efforts from outside the box that he caught sweetly but went wide.

Keeper didn't move for the goal. Was a peach!
  • Sweet as a nut.
  • Is there going to be any way of seeing it without having to wait for the bbc highlights to go up in a few days?
  • the one he struck before the goal broke the advertising thing. the pain if that would have made contact!
  • How many in the crowd left earlt "to beat the traffic" ......and missed it ?!
  • Great noise when that one went in. The 14,000 or so went a bit potty for 60 seconds.

Dale had a couple of earlier efforts from outside the box that he caught sweetly but went wide.

Keeper didn't move for the goal. Was a peach!
    Jason Euell was helping with the Player commentary today. He and the other commentator went potty as well. I thought it was quite funny. :-)

• Two absolute sweet strikes, one whistled wide, one went the other way and arrowed in.

Great technique, certainly got some of the others who couldn't pass water out of a hole.
  • Saved Powell's job
  • Sponsored links:

• Thought Dale made a big difference today. Whilst he didn't look particularly match fit, his class on the ball is pretty obvious. Will make a massive difference coming back in.
  • Saved Powell's job
    huh?

• Saved Powell's job
    Says the man who was firmly behind the Parkinson out petition.
  • the way the game was going I expected that ball to have only just landed tbh.. sweeter strike than you could imagine
  • looks like there are a few sense of humour failures tonight. chill out chaps
  • I used to hit them like that .................... in my dreams!

Now I don't even dream that good!
  • Soon as the ball trickled out to him 30 yards out I thought "take a touch don't hit it first time" HOW WRONG WAS I!?! Thats the difference between Stephens and Pritchard/Hughes/Russell he just has that extra bit of quality.
  • Soon as the ball trickled out to him 30 yards out I thought "take a touch don't hit it first time" HOW WRONG WAS I!?! Thats the difference between Stephens and Pritchard/Hughes/Russell he just has that extra bit of quality.
    Spot on mate. He's a step above everyone else, and it showed in one moment of brilliance tonight when we needed it most.

Straight as an arrow into the corner at 60 mph! So so sweet!
  • Looked like the ball was more on his left side as well, really good hit
  • I thought I'd slipped back 20 years and was watching Andy Peake

Then the ball hit the net.....!
  • Sponsored links:

• Sorry, wasn't genuinely suggesting that goal(and what a goal it was!) saved Powell's job
  • I saw him lining it up and shouted don't hit it, expecting it to go wide, next thing I was celebrating! Great moment in football
  • that's the reason I never leave before the final whistle...............fancy missing that just to get home 5 mins early !!!!
  • Agreed golf. I half caught it as I was looking above the bar for it to sail over.
  • Almost everyone in my row left before the goal, which I still maintain didn't happen. Morro hit a great shot, the keeper saved it brilliantly, the ball came out to Dale and he spooned it over. It was one of those nights. There's just no way he tonked that into the back of the net like that. There must be some other reason why I absolutely lost my mind after he hit it.

In about three weeks I'll probably come to terms with how good that 92nd minute worldy was, my mind is too ragged to deal with it right now
  • celebrated it like a winner!... great strike, and like suzi said, the one he caught before that was just as sweet but wide of the mark... didnt think that goal was coming but when it did, OH YES DEEP JOY!!!
  • I was sitting dead centre of the goal in row QQ of the upper and when the ball came out to him I had a vision that someone in the NW quadrant was gonna get hurt.................................and then he made contact!!!!

Got molested by the guy standing next to me and I didn't care. ;-)
  • looks like there are a few sense of humour failures tonight. chill out chaps
    They're just cold ; )
  • I must admit to thinking about going early (for what would have been only the second time ever) but didn't!
  • Saved Powell's job
    LOL-a-tron.