Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Grant Basey

Has signed for Wycombe on a one month loan.

Comments

• Shame really, a nice lad. If he had a bit of speed he would be a very decent player.
  • Would have him ahead of Doherty any time.
  • What a Count!
  • Played on Saturday....Odds on to score against us ?
  • Played on Saturday....Odds on to score against us ?
    mm, unlikely but worth a bob or two
  • It seems Grant has now signed for Wycombe on an 18-month deal.  Glad he's got a bit of certainty about his future at last.
  • Strange that hes gone from winning promotion with Peterboro to fighting relegation with Wycombe
  • Becoming a bit of a journeyman.
  • Becoming a bit of a journeyman.

With his left foot, I bet he's got a story to tell.

Could be an interesting read. :-)

• Good move for him really, regular football should help him develop.
    Strange that hes gone from winning promotion with Peterboro to fighting relegation with Wycombe
    And before that he got relegated with us, nearly got promoted, then went to Barnet who I think were struggling in League 2 at the time.

The season he made his debut for us must be the only year he's had a mid table finish.
  • Sponsored links:

Strange that hes gone from winning promotion with Peterboro to fighting relegation with Wycombe
    And before that he got relegated with us, nearly got promoted, then went to Barnet who I think were struggling in League 2 at the time.

The season he made his debut for us must be the only year he's had a mid table finish.
    And by the end of the season he could get relegated again!

Personally i never rated Grant, thought his reading of the game was awful but had a decent left peg which made him look half decent.

And by the end of the season he could get relegated again!

Personally i never rated Grant, thought his reading of the game was awful but had a decent left peg which made him look half decent.

It would appear most managers in football agree too.....
  • I think his biggest drawback is a chronic lack of pace - but definitely lower league one standard.
  • What made my mind up about him was the game vs Millwall when we drew 4-4, im sure he was at fault for all 4 goals.
  • Think his debut for us was at Southampton and he was man of the match, thought we had a real gem on our hands but sadly not consistent.
  • What made my mind up about him was the game vs Millwall when we drew 4-4, im sure he was at fault for all 4 goals.
    Saying that, Solly had a SHOCKING game vs them. He's IMO our best player this season.

Don't know about all four goals but Martin skinned him alive for the injury time equaliser to make it 4-4.
  • Like most who played in recent years as we slid down the table , he wasn't good enough for where we want and need to be
    And I don't care how much passion or love for a club a player has if they're pony they're pony
    Hopefully the dark days of not so good players representing Charlton Athletic are close to ending
    ONE AIM
    Suggest you watch that game on player again,
    Ist goal--  waggy and sodgie cock up
    2nd goal-- from  corner nothing to do with basey
    3rd goal-   waggy gets skinned
    4th goal    if dailly stays on feet instead of commiting himself they don/t score.
    How sad are you when just because you don/t rate someone you blame him when its not even his fault.
    4th goal    if dailly stays on feet instead of commiting himself they don/t score.
    How sad are you when just because you don/t rate someone you blame him when its not even his fault.
    Wind you neck in, watch his positional reading when the goals go in.
  • Sponsored links:

• i think wharton is a buddy of his

wasn't it the 4th basey had the pace of leon clarke and was running matrix slow motion style

• i think wharton is a buddy of his

wasn't it the 4th basey had the pace of leon clarke and was running matrix slow motion style

Oh right.

I just remember him being on his arse.
  • edited January 2012
    What made my mind up about him was the game vs Millwall when we drew 4-4, im sure he was at fault for all 4 goals.
    What made my mind up about him was the game vs Millwall when we drew 4-4, im sure he was at fault for all 4 goals.

i think wharton is a buddy of his

Oh right.

I just remember him being on his arse.
    The phase clutching at straw spings to mind. Ha Ha Ha
  • I put my opinion across (what forums are about), either discuss like the majority on this forum instead of slating people or F off to the Wycombe forum to talk about Basey who is obviously the only player you give a toss about.
  • I put my opinion across (what forums are about), either discuss like the majority on this forum instead of slating people or F off to the Wycombe forum to talk about Basey who is obviously the only player you give a toss about.
    Got ya,HaHaHa
    Got ya,HaHaHa
    Not a great retort Wharton but good luck to your mate. Think he'll eventually flourish when he gets a run at playing centre half.
  • Like most who played in recent years as we slid down the table , he wasn't good enough for where we want and need to be
    And I don't care how much passion or love for a club a player has if they're pony they're pony
    Hopefully the dark days of not so good players representing Charlton Athletic are close to ending
    ONE AIM

I hope you are not one of the many who demand loyalty from football players in the face of better offers from better clubs.
  • He'll probably be on TV tonight v Huddersfield .. we'll be able to see what we've been missing
  • edited January 2012
    Like most who played in recent years as we slid down the table , he wasn't good enough for where we want and need to be
    ONE AIM

I hope you are not one of the many who demand loyalty from football players in the face of better offers from better clubs.

no i'm not, i can understand why they have to move on , gutted the better players do this but that's the way of the world.......... just as i'm gutted when the shit players/management are hanging around dragging the club down , however nice they may be
  • A player who always gave of his best for us.

His lack of pace meant he was never going to make it as a full back and we never appeared to invest the time in converting him to a centre half or central midfielder. We now have both better centre backs and midfielders.

I wish him all the best and hope he can forge a decent career.