Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jordan Rhodes

;Jordan Rhodes is sign to for West ham, Brilliant news :D

Comments

• edited December 2011
    Source please.

If true it is Brilliant news.
  • From where has this come please ?
  • edited December 2011
    They already nabbed that fella Baldock from MK Dons earlier on this season and he hardly gets a look in - can't see this being true.
  • My friend is a west ham fan and he said it, probably bollocks but they do have a lot of money so hopefully and some bloke on facebook put it as well
  • So it's come from a fan?! Great source m9-1
  • Hahahahahahahhahahaha.  Well worth a thread of its own then.

D'oh.
  • Football rumours said he was coming to us.
  • baldocks been injured
    Outrageous, football rumours once said Bexley Dan was to sign for us.
  • Sponsored links:

Outrageous, football rumours once said Bexley Dan was to sign for us.

There's only one Bexley Dan
  • edited December 2011
    Absolute, utter, unadulterated bollocks. Why in God's name would he go there? If he leaves the udders, it will be for a premiership club (a possibility in the transfer window, though he's given no indication he wants to leave - I would say a dead cert if they don't go up at the end of the season). Your friend must be either a) on a wind-up, b) a prat, or c) both
  • Absolute, utter, unadulterated bollocks. Why in God's name would he go there? If he leaves the udders, it will be for a premiership club (a possibility in the transfer window, though he's given no indication he wants to leave - I would say a dead cert if they don't go up at the end of the season). Your friend must be either a) on a wind-up, b) a prat, or c) both
    Er, money, chance to establish himself in the Jock squad and likely premiership next year.
  • Reckon he will go in the window as the last interview with Lee Clark he stated they will do there best to keep him..........and thats a step back from earlier statements.............as for going to West Ham ...........why? ........I would go for either Everton Newcastle or Blackburn

• Absolute, utter, unadulterated bollocks. Why in God's name would he go there? If he leaves the udders, it will be for a premiership club (a possibility in the transfer window, though he's given no indication he wants to leave - I would say a dead cert if they don't go up at the end of the season). Your friend must be either a) on a wind-up, b) a prat, or c) both
    West Ham News @WHUFC

Our enquiry for Jordan Rhodes has been responded to by Huddersfield saying they want £4m

West Ham News @WHUFC

West Ham's bid for Rhodes has apparently accepted. Him and his agent will discuss terms next week.

So, which of a, b or c are you?

• My friend is a west ham fan and he said it, probably bollocks but they do have a lot of money so hopefully and some bloke on facebook put it as well
    'some bloke put it on facebook' !!!......must be true then
  • Charlton athletic news-
    Lionel Messi has accepted a five year contract With the addicks, Chris Powell is said to be delighted with the signing.

However must addicks fan believe that the mini master is far to small to even get a sniff in the team.....

On a serious note... Why would jordan rhodes make the same mistake as sam boldock. Surely a bigger and more local club will make an offer for him ?
  • baldock has made 8 starts 3 sub appearances and got 5 goals for west ham and is out injured atm

hardly a mistake on his part or west hams to move from mk dons to the whammers

• According to the ever reliable Sun the offer will be made.

Doesn't say guaranteed but still.
  • Huddersfield would be foolish to take the money - if they have to sell him they should do it at the end of the season -how much does it cost not to get promoted?
  • Sponsored links:

• Interesting if he left, would clearly weaken Huddersfield but if they had the ability to reinvest the funds and got say £4M upfront that would be one sizeable warchest at this level and may actually end up improving them as they would not be so reliant on one player, just depends on who they would bring in and a free scoring striker would be hard to replace.

My biggest concern is if they come in to money they are likely to be after similar players to ourselves which could mean prices going up.

Hope he doesn't go to the Hammers, i think he is a good player and I hate Wet Spam.

West Ham News @WHUFC

Our enquiry for Jordan Rhodes has been responded to by Huddersfield saying they want £4m

West Ham News @WHUFC

West Ham's bid for Rhodes has apparently accepted. Him and his agent will discuss terms next week.

So, which of a, b or c are you?

Oh - my mistake. I didn't realise it had appeared on an unofficial Twitter account as well as being posted by some bloke who has no official connection to the club on Facebook. And, now that it's in the Sun, it must be true. I stand corrected.
  • Huddersfield would be foolish to take the money - if they have to sell him they should do it at the end of the season -how much does it cost not to get promoted?
    Ask west ham
  • Will be a big loss for Hudders, seems like the only time they win is when he scores.

We are reliant on BWP but we can score goals.
  •  

According to Huddersfield's OS he's under contract until 2015, I think they'll want more than £4m for him.

• No idea at all if it is rubbish, but if a third division club gets a 4mil offer for a player they would have to take it surely? If we had a big offer for BWP I would expect us to take it too.
  • No idea at all if it is rubbish, but if a third division club gets a 4mil offer for a player they would have to take it surely? If we had a big offer for BWP I would expect us to take it too.
    No argument there. If anyone offered 4 million for Wright-Phillips, it doesn't matter whether we like it or not - we'd have to accept it. Not doing so makes no financial sense - and I'd imagine we're still in some pretty deep shit financially after The Dowie And Pardew Years.
  • If and it's a big if anybody would offer 4 million for a league one striker then he'll be off in a heartbeat. Not only that but the player would want out also if for no other reason than a huge increase in earnings. Sportsmans career can be very fragile and he might not ever get a second shot at the "big time"
    No argument there. If anyone offered 4 million for Wright-Phillips, it doesn't matter whether we like it or not - we'd have to accept it. Not doing so makes no financial sense - and I'd imagine we're still in some pretty deep shit financially after The Dowie And Pardew Years.

As I mentioned on another thread we are forecast to lose £4m this year. I'm pretty sure the Mysteron business plan incorporates selling on one or two assets every year at a decent profit to offset some or all of that loss. Once we get offered more than the realistic market worth of a player then he will be on his way.
  • £4 M on 1st Jan is great, on the 31st not so good if you are thinking of going up.