Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

***POKER*** TO FREEPLAY OR NOT TO FREEPLAY? THAT IS THE QUESTION...

PLEASE LIST OPINIONS, SUGGESTIONS, ETC ON FREEPLAY POKER, KEEP OR NOT? REPLACE OR NOT? 

Comments

• edited December 2011
    In my opinion the freeplay should go. It clearly doesn't appeal to enough people. I suggest a fortnightly Sunday tournement and a fortnightly midweek knock-out game , that way we get one game a week.

I'm happy to go with whatever the majority think but Freeplay isn't for me. 
  • It does not seem to be working anymore I quite like heads up tournaments.

• not
    This! 

the freeplay was bought in to attract new players we have  bought in a couple but not the impact we was hoping for. 
  • drop it as a regular event, run on request if new players want to practice before taking the plunge.

• In my opinion the freeplay should go. It clearly doesn't appeal to enough people. I suggest a fortnightly Sunday tournement and a fortnightly midweek knock-out game , that way we get one game a week.

I'm happy to go with whatever the majority think but Freeplay isn't for me. 
    Spot on + i like heads up too so maybe every so often depending on request
  • Like Beds suggestion 
  • Maybe you could mix up the buy ins? Have the midweek games at a cheaper buy in or vice versa, would make it a bit more attractive to me.
  • I am with Beds on this, seems a very good idea, and one game a week may encourage people join in more.

• Agree with Beds - makes a lot more sense and is more attractive.

Before doing anything though, seeing as a lot of people are registered to play and only a small proportion actually do, it might be worthwhile contacting those who rarely if ever show and asking them what would appeal to them most.
  • Sponsored links:

Before doing anything though, seeing as a lot of people are registered to play and only a small proportion actually do, it might be worthwhile contacting those who rarely if ever show and asking them what would appeal to them most.
    I wish it was possible but I tried the whole everyone give me your e-mail address etc but only got 3 in total :-(

I wish it was possible but I tried the whole everyone give me your e-mail address etc but only got 3 in total :-(
    Fair enough Sadie! if you've tried your best and no-one replies then that's their lookout. I suggest we have tournament points as well for the midweek knockouts and start everything from scratch in January.
  • I think the leaderboard is reset in 31st december. The only reason the leaderboard points were not awarded on the knockout is because a few people said that once a month was enough for them and I didn't think it's fair but if the majority want leaderboard points then it can be changed. 

I am not sure about everyweek wouldn't it get expensive? how much should the stakes be?

I like the heads up tournaments but so many others didn't I don't know if that will be a good idea either, I suppose we could give it one more try??