Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Life, Down At The Mac, Owlstalk....

We're only in November but already the 'trolling' wars of 2011/2012 are well and truly underway.

I must say I do read other forums quite regularly (never bother signing up for any of them, mind), to see what other team's fans are saying about us - particularly before and after the respective games between two clubs.

I know this happens every season but I do feel that the intensity of the debate has been cranked up a notch this time round.  Much of this has a lot to do with the league being quite competitive as well as there seemingly being 3 particularly strong challengers for promotion this year, vying for only 2 automatic places.  This is reflected in the nature of the discussion and I think that fans of all three teams are feeling the pressure...I wonder whether similar things run through the minds of the players?

In any case, I do find the banter incredibly entertaining.  Some of the comments are completely out-of-touch, both from the opposition and ourselves.  I wonder where the debate will go from here if us, Huddersfield and Sheffield Wednesday are still going relatively strong come March/April next year?!  God help us! *cackles*

Comments

• Are you going to give us some examples?
  • Too many people are dismissing MK Dons for my liking
  • Sheffield Utd will come good
    This, The MK Dons could still be a threat and are a good run at the moment
  • Brentford will come good.
  • They might come good but we are good already
  • Are you going to give us some examples?
    http://downatthemac.proboards.com/

The examples are in plain sight for everyone to see, there's no need to point out specific threads which have been highlighted here already.
    Modern football is a squad game and my personal opinion is that MK Dons do not have great cover in various areas over the pitch.
  • Sponsored links:

• Fair point Oriental, but I feel they have always used the loan market well in the past to cover that area. I see them being more likely than Sheff U.

Do you think so, looks like you are your own with that one :-)
    Maybe next season , i think they are still adjusting to the shock of being in this division as we were a few years back.
  • Sheffield Utd will challenge!
    No. They'll come good.
  • Mk a huge threat to the top 2 they will have results against all in the top 6 that could decide the fate of who goes up
  • If Preston sack brown they might put on a late run some good players there dispite the woefull showing against us
  • Back to the opening post, just looking at the site stats for today and in the first 2,000 visitors to the site today, only 41 came from Yorkshire. So perhaps not as much trolling as you would think.

Mind you, oohaah will point out that most of them will live down here....

:-)
  • There's some nicely mixed views/opinions of us on those links. I agree with the bloke about the `Come in peace', a bit cringeworthy.
  • Sponsored links:

• in my opinion MKD don't have enough strength in depth, Sheff Utd are deep in debt and may have to sell, Sheff Weds won't spend in January especially with Mandaric in court in February and possibly going down, PNE are too far behind now and likely to sell anyway, Brentford not good enough.  
  • Have to say I was feeling pretty confident, after all, all we had to do was keep winning (unrealistic I know) & it wouldn't matter what anyone else did. However with JJ's injury it just shows how a couple of injuries to key men could have us in a spot of bother.     
    No. They'll come good.
    I heard that they were Massive.  I think it was them anyway.
  • sheffield utd will come good!
  • Come march/april and were still in the top two. Sheff wed fans will still be saying were going to have a blip
  • Last 14, W11 D2 L1

Looking good!

• But not as good. Check the league table - you are still 5 points behind. Anyway, points at the end of the season are what counts
  • With the Udders losing, and at home, so soon after losing to us, their confidence must be pretty low. Not the best time to be meeting the Owls. Let's hope for a backlash from them.
  • Sorry to disappoint , but Milan stated two weeks ago January will see a further support for Megson ,with an outlay of £4-6 million(including extra wage costs).

Whilst the Blunts, need to offload three top earners as they are still losing £100,000 per week and the Tevez money is going directly to the bank to offset their £32m debt

MK are on a good run , but Gleeson is key to franchise progress.

Bournemouth could make a play off surge. 

Oh and the terriers, wouldnt be surprised if Clark gets the bullet in early Jan , living in Hudds I am told he wanted to got to Leicester, didnt turn up for training the morning, after his interview, only for them to says Thanks but not Thanks.