Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jermain Defoe Biting

Shocking.

Throw the book at the dirty swine.

I cannot believe he did that. Unreal in the PL - Hackney Marshes maybe but White Hart Lane.

Comments

• isn't it correct that as he was booked for the incident (or so I'm told) that the FA can't take it any further?
  • the police could get involved?

i liked jol's way of explaining it:

"nibbling is part of the game of football"

eh?
  • i was very suprised, didn't think he had it in him.

Its always the little guys you've got to watch out for :-)
  • Haven't seen the footage, but seen photo's and read about it.

If he really did what's alledged, then he should be banned for a good while.

Found this article here relating to an ear bite in Cork...... went before a judge.

http://archives.tcm.ie/irishexaminer/2001/06/30/story6874.asp
  • I bit a womans Metro on the tube last week ....
  • [cite] Eltham_addick:[/cite]isn't it correct that as he was booked for the incident (or so I'm told) that the FA can't take it any further?

I think it depends on what the ref puts in his report. If he saw the biting incident and gave a yellow, then as distasteful (excuse the pun) as it is, that could be the end of it. To be honest, I don't think that the ref realised what had happened and gave the yellow for retaliation.

Bennett isn't exactly slow in reaching for the red card and had he actually seen a bite, I'm sure Judas would have walked.
  • makes a change for Defoe, he normally only bites the hand that feeds him...
  • [cite] AFKA Bartram:[/cite]makes a change for Defoe, he normally only bites the hand that feeds him...

lol, I hope mashcerano is up to date on his tetnus jabs.
  • Mortain, what's the general vibe over Wham at the moment ?

We've had a mare but feelings are still pretty mixed, and nowhere near as despondent as outsiders would think.
  • The fans are behind pardew at the moment, i hope the boo boys continue to stay away.

Its been really frustrating this season, we're seriously lacking creativity going forward and don't look capable of scoring, quite shocking considering the options we have upfront.

I'm remaining optimistic that we'll turn it around, once we've got our confidence back. But we're in for a struggle this season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Bowyer was superb first game, has he tailed off ?
  • He's injured at he moment, could do with him fit as we're seriously lacking in midfield this season.
  • [cite] Mortain:[/cite]The fans are behind pardew at the moment, i hope the boo boys continue to stay away.

Its been really frustrating this season, we're seriously lacking creativity going forward and don't look capable of scoring, quite shocking considering the options we have upfront.

I'm remaining optimistic that we'll turn it around, once we've got our confidence back. But we're in for a struggle this season.

You've got plenty of bite
  • Breaking news is that the FA are to take no further action against Defoe, as he was booked at the time.

Absolute f******* disgrace.
  • [cite] Medders:[/cite]Breaking news is that the FA are to take no further action against Defoe, as he was booked at the time.

Absolute f******* disgrace.

The fa really are a bunch of morons, how can they not do anything about it. If i was i whammie i'd be doin me nut. Bunchofwankers so they are!
  • In fairness to the FA, it seems their hands are tied by FIFA but what was the ref on?

How he can conclude that one player biting another is not a red card offence I don't know!
  • [cite] Barn Door Lisbie:[/cite]In fairness to the FA, it seems their hands are tied by FIFA but what was the ref on?

How he can conclude that one player biting another is not a red card offence I don't know!

The fa have already got round those rules this season as the Ben Thatcher incident at Man city resulted in a longer ban despite the ref seeing the incident and, i think, booking him. The said it was exceptional circumstances, but essentially they have set the precedent. They took the same stance when Zokora dived for spurs against Pompey saying that the ref saw the incident and gave a decision so they couldn't do any more. Basically if the media don't shout about it enough the FA will ignore it.
  • I suppose the FA's argument is that the Thatcher incident was dealt with differently because of it's severity and because Thatcher had previous. I don't think that it has set a precedent other than in equally severe cases.

That said, it is ridiculous that the FA can't review a ref's decision when it is so clearly wrong, as it was in this case.
  • The FA should use the system that they have in rugby - whereby players can be cited by a club and reported. That gets the referee out of trouble if he doesn't see an incident or if he does, but fails to take appropriate action and closer examination after the event shows that the offence committed was more serious than it appeared at the time.