Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Quadrophenia

edited November 2011 in Not Sports Related
The album is to be re-released 40 years after its original release ----------40 years !!!!!!!!!!!! my God is it that long ?  great album though .  

Sea and Sand --" im dressed right for a street fight, but i just cant explain these uncertain feelings now here in my brain"

Comments

• £70.99 for the super deluxe edition - I am very tempted.

I saw Quadrophenia stage musical in Brighton last year. Jimmy played by 4 actors who all took one of the quads. The way they 'rolled' into one another to show his mood changes was very well done.
  • Only watched it for the first time a couple of years ago, thought it was great!
  • And they (Pete and Roge) are going to tour playing the album next year.

Saw Roge at the Indigo do Tommy this summer. Brilliant.

• been rumours of a remake of late, my cousin used to be married to spider from the film, gary shail older lifiers may also remember him from metal mikey. used to talk to him all the time about the film, he is still best mates with most of the cast especially ferdy.

gaz is the guy next to phil daniels in the long green mac.
  • Great film, great album.

"We are the Mods, we are the Mods, we are we are we are the Mods".

Townsend 

another one who's in the hobby
  • My mate Tom was the rocker who got his hand shut in Sting's cigarette box.  
  • My dad Rick Mick was a Mod.
  • We are the Mods, we are the Mods, we are we are we are the Mods!
  • Sponsored links:

• Love this film. It inspired me to go out and buy a Lambretta. Had scooters on & off since then.
  • My mate Tom was the rocker who got his hand shut in Sting's cigarette box. 

Serves him right!!!!
  • Sod off, hairdryer boy... ;-).

I've read that they're planning a tour next year too. I saw them at Hyde Park in 96 when they played the whole album. Phil Daniels was narrating and they had a load of guests playing different parts. Fantasic show.
  •  As a rocker I had to live a secret life for some time as I did, and still do, like The Who's music. Fortunately by the time the film came out my rocker days were more or less over and I could go and see the film without wearing a disguise. Painful to see us getting walloped at Brighton again but it was a a well made film with music that still sounds as good today as it did then.
  • That's random. Was just watching this last night. Classic film
  • 5:15 for me.

Top man.............great track
  • Not seen it since it came out. Remember enjoying it at the time but wonder how well it's lasted.  Remember Sting being a terrible dancer.

Just finishing Phil Daniels' autobiography which talks about it a fair bit.

Will have to hunt down a DVD.  One of my then mates, who was a mod at the time, is in it stalling his scooter in one of shots.  RIP Briz.
  • edited November 2011
    been rumours of a remake of late, my cousin used to be married to spider from the film, gary shail older lifiers may also remember him from metal mikey. used to talk to him all the time about the film, he is still best mates with most of the cast especially ferdy.

gaz is the guy next to phil daniels in the long green mac.

In a later film he cut Damon Albarn's throat but got a right pasting from Ray Winstone for doing so.

I've just remembered Sting's first line in Quadrophenia...........any offers ?
  • All right all right, c*nts?
  • Sponsored links:

• Once showed the video to a bar full of American Marines (my bar) ---- could have herd a pin drop and had to more or less run it constant for hours and hours.

"Bell Boy-bell boy! always running  at some ones heel---you know how i feel----always running at someones heel"--------------Keith moon a true rock and role legend.
  • Love reign over me, 5:15 and Drowned.
  • Love reign over me, 5:15 and Drowned.
    And Sea and Sand.

Have to say I think it's a bit of a hit and miss album but loved the photos in the middle.  Spend hours flicking through them.
  • edited November 2011
    Bell Boy - definitely my favourite track 

"I got a good job and I'm newly born, you should see me dressed up in my uniform. 
    "I work in a Hotel all gilt a flash, remember the gaff when the doors we smashed"

Followed by Sea and Sand

"Come sleep on the beach
    Keep within my reach
    I just want to die with you near
    I'm feeling so high with you here.
    I'm wet and I'm cold
    But thank God I ain't old
    Why didn't I ever say what I mean?
    I should have split home at fifteen.
    There's a story that the grass is so green,
    What did I see?
    Where have I been?

Nothing is planned, by the sea and the sand"

It was the first double album I ever bought. I was like a dog with two tails. I lent it to my mad mate Andy who decided to strap it to his Motor Bike - came back damaged - I was not pleased. A few years ago a bought the CD version. Somebody nicked one of the discs.

• been rumours of a remake of late, my cousin used to be married to spider from the film, gary shail older lifiers may also remember him from metal mikey. used to talk to him all the time about the film, he is still best mates with most of the cast especially ferdy.

I remember that, he was a spurs fan it it I believe.
  • Girls of fifteen...sexually knowing

The ushers are sniffing...eau-de-cologning

The seats are seductive...celibate sitting

Pretty girls digging...prettier women

...Out of my brain on the five...fifteen (and then the horns from John Entwhistle)

MAGIC!

• Saw it when it first came out at the Bexleyheath ABC in a double bill  (what happened to them?) with Scum. Basically the same cast!
  • Girls of fifteen...sexually knowing

The ushers are sniffing...eau-de-cologning

The seats are seductive...celibate sitting

Pretty girls digging...prettier women

...Out of my brain on the five...fifteen (and then the horns from John Entwhistle)

MAGIC!

Hmm - Is that a lyric by Peter 'The Book Reasearcher' Townshend ?
  • Leslie Ash, yum before she had her lips done!
  • edited November 2011
    Her sister was hotter  and lived in welling.