Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chris Powell vs Romm

edited October 2006 in General Charlton
You just know that Sir Christopher will know how to play him.

Even in his wheel chair ....

Comments

• Options
    Think positive man !!

I'm picturing Danny Mills vs Julian Dicks
  • Options
    Yea right ....
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    [cite] AFKA Bartram:[/cite]Think positive man !!

Whilst I obviously want us to win and win well I'd hate to see Sir Chris humiliated.

Perhaps we can do all the damage down the other flank!
  • Options
    Will he do his run and jump out of the tunnel if we win........ just for old times sake.
  • Options
    [cite] LenGlover:[/cite]

Whilst I obviously want us to win and win well I'd hate to see Sir Chris humiliated.

No time for niceties, lets hope you less successful than Salad Spinners ' i really hope Claus plays well' posts
  • Options
    [cite] LenGlover:[/cite]

Perhaps we can do all the damage down the other flank!

I'll cheer CP before the game and I'll cheer him after but for the 90 odd minutes in between, I hope that Rommedahl ruins him!
  • Options
    I agree. Will always applaud Chris Powell and hope that one day he comes back to the club in some capacity. But on Saturday I hope that he has the worse game of his life.

Ruined by claus I dont want us to be ruined bt CP as well!!
  • Options
    Remember when we played Derby at the Valley shortly after he joined us from them. They sang "you'll never beat Chris Powell" and cheered when he made a tackle. Threw a shirt (a Derby Shirt I think) into their crowd at the end of the game.

Chris never had much pace but always made up with his positional play. I doubt Watford will let Romm go 1 on 1 with CP.
  • Options
    I'll give him a polite clap before and after, but I hope he gets ruined in the game
  • Options
    i don't think he will play, think they will go with Jordan Stewart, who is pacier.

Wasn't he in NKOTB ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite] Henry Irving:[/cite]Remember when we played Derby at the Valley shortly after he joined us from them. They sang "you'll never beat Chris Powell" and cheered when he made a tackle. Threw a shirt (a Derby Shirt I think) into their crowd at the end of the game.

Chris never had much pace but always made up with his positional play. I doubt Watford will let Romm go 1 on 1 with CP.

Henry, i was in the charlton part of the jimmy seed that day (if its the same game i am thinking of) and they proper love him, 2 blokes i worked with in my last job were both Derby and they loved him.
  • Options

I remember Shaun Newton against Dicks...what match are you referring to?
  • Options
    It was the 4-2 win at the Valley, 98/99 season I think.

Mills really did make him look like a complete mug and I'm pretty sure that he retired after that game.
  • Options
    Yep but I thought that it was Newton did that to Dicks...
  • Options
    no, it was definately Millsy that done the damage towards the Jimmy Seed in the 2nd half. Was a joy to watch, every time we got the ball, we played it to Mills, he kicked it past Dicks and literally walked past him.
  • Options
    I almost felt sorry for Dicks in the end.