Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Floyds Portugal

Blimey ... away for 3 weeks and I'm now 16 pages of discussions behind! Did I miss that much?

Quick plug for Algarveaddick's bar in Albufeira - the only Charlton theme bar in continental Europe. Had a couple of great nights there, Perry and Karen are terrific company. Lots of Charlton memorabilia on the walls and well worth a visit for the quiz nights if you are over there ... and doesn't close until 2 in the morning!

Check their website out for some good pics of a visit by some Charlton legends last year.

http://www.floyds-bar.com/index.htm

http://www.floyds-bar.com/index.htm

Comments

• I have had a beer or two in there. watched charlton blackburn in there two seasons ago but was too shy to make myself known at the time... most unlike me.
  • Cheers mate, got back on 28th then had a week in UK, been back in Frankfurt since Monday and first chance to login!
    See you in October, let us know beforehand where you will be after the games.
  • Very forward but ill probably be in the oak afterwards... if its re-opened by then.

ha ha i love it when a whisper goes wrong.
  • Just returned from Portugal stayed in the Vila Moura area. Went over to Albufeira for the day and had a cracking meal on the beach front ( Cataplana ) just a tip Algarve Addick was keen to find your bar, popped in to 'Tourism information' and asked about Floyds Bar... but no luck had no address/number and not heard of you will find you next year though perhaps
  • Have they got piccies on the wall of all the Charlton fans that have been there.

If so me and the wife will be on the wall. Very very drunken evening there.

Will probably be back there inbetween Palace and Colchester games.
  • Yes indeed Southend, you and the lovely wife are beaming down from the wall. Shame you missed us latimer, no point in telling tourist information, they don't give a toss. Taxi drivers are a better source for this kind of information anywhere you go I believe. Next time drop me a whisper and I will send directions.
  • I got a taxi from Vilamoura and had no problem
  • I recognise Brownie, Robbo, Graham Stuart & Walshie, but who are the other legends in the photos.
    Thanks
  • Andy Jones, Richie Wison, Peter Hunt and Garry Nelson. Top blokes the lot of 'em!
  • Sponsored links:

• Thanks Algarve, that must have been some evening. The last time I saw Peter Hunt he had a magnificent black beard to rival Killers!
    Richie Wilson, didn't he come from Man U or one of the big teams. I remember seeing him make his debut at the Valley, and he did quite well, but disappeared soon after. Who are the two guys in the last photo?