Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cuba

Everyone else is at it, so might as well join in.

Anyone been ? Varadero in particular.

Looking for a relaxing chillout, nice weather, standard of food and accomodation, nice beach etc. Can get a bit of culture thrown in with trip to Havana so ticks most boxes.

But its a 10hr flight, and then a 3hr coach drive the other end. Really not sure i can be ar3sd with all that.

Comments

• Options
    I went about 10 years ago - before it became a resort. Really interesting place, a lot going on, obviously very cheap but it was very poor and I've never had so much hassle from prostitutes in my life! Food consisted mainly of fried chicken at the time, but I'm sure it's improved. It's great to see all the history of the place, to see all the old cars and to travel around on huge old Soviet trains!
  • Options
    Yep been brilliant place.

If you are into golf you have a course on the Varadero strip. Go on the jet ski safari tour which is nearby. Go to the nearby German hotels for good clubbing music.

Youve got to on an exersion to Havana about 1 hour 30 mins to get there. Visit revolutionary square.
  • Options
    Can Only follow on from the others have said but try and at least do an overnight stay in Havana.

Had lots of Pasta, Seafood esp lobster and found the food to be of a reasonable standard, throughly enjoyed.
  • Options
    Assume it would be going for 2 weeks AFKA? Long way for a week....

Would love to go myself and have only ever heard good things about the country...
  • Options
    week and a half, really hard finding places that do 10-11 nights nowadays other than Spain etc.
  • Options
    The political situation is a bit worrying out there. What do others think?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sco[/cite]The political situation is a bit worrying out there. What do others think?

LOL, don't go there !!
  • Options
    Went to Havana in March, great place, felt very safe. Although surprisingly expensive.
  • Options
    'Went to Havana in March, great place, felt very safe. Although surprisingly expensive. '

nick nick on every street corner.
  • Options
    I'm going to cylce around Cuba for 2 weeks in October. Can't wait. Only downside is missing the footballl back home.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Get out there before Castro pops his proverbials. It'll change once he goes and they allow the Americans back in.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sco[/cite]The political situation is a bit worrying out there. What do others think?

I blame Ken, Ben Hayes (whoever he is) and Andrew Mills
  • Options
    I blame Guevara and Bacardi