Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I'm very upset with Mr Weegie

I found out earlier this evening that Rangers are playing Ajax in a friendly tonight in the very city we live in. I wanted to go to see Dennis one last time (sorry...) but Mr Weegie refused because he hates Ibrox. And I'd been trying so hard (yes, AFKA, you realised) to put a brave face on Dennis going...

Comments

• Options
    You should just be grateful he lets you on the computer luv. Does that mean the housework is all done now then?

*ducks*
  • Options
    you're really going to enjoy the Champions League Weegie when your man keeps charging through Chelsea and Man U, winning rave reviews :-(
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Thanks, AFKA, at least it will take my mind off the Championship when we're suffering mid-table mediocrity!

And Off_It, I've got him to agree to take me to Amsterdam for a weekend to see Ajax play there instead...
  • Options
    weekend in Amsterdam, wished my wife could twist my arm to get me to agree with that !

and none of this mid-table mediocrity, you getting a touch of the red_pete's !!
  • Options
    And the Ooh Aah Mortimer's...

Just checked the Ajax website - Dennis came on for the second half and "already proved his attacking worth with a pinpoint ball to set up the equaliser." (I'm glad I can understand Dutch - it's going to come in useful!)
  • Options
    what is Dutch most similar to ? French ? German ?
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Apparently Marcus wanted to move there as well when he heard about Dutch Caps....
  • Options
    Don't ever say it within earshot of a Dutch person, but it is fairly similar to German.

It's one of the other reasons I was such a Dennis fan - I met him at the sponsors' dinner two years' ago and chatted to him in Dutch. Then I saw him again at the dinner this year and he recognised me as the Dutch speaker - rather different from most of the others who wouldn't even remember their own sponsors from one year to the next.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Apparently Marcus wanted to move there as well when he heard about Dutch Caps....

I'm ignoring that one by the way...
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    AFKA - Dutch is kind of like a German English hybrid - at least if you know English and German you can have a pretty good stab at working out Dutch.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Do you speak it too, then, ali?
  • Options
    Weegie, how come you speak Dutch?
  • Options
    I studied it at university, along wth French - just to be different. Spent a year at Utrecht Uni as part of my course, then lived and worked in Amsterdam for 18 months in the mid 90s. Don't get much chance to practice it now though.
    So do you speak it too?
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]Do you speak it too, then, ali?
    Nope, but one of my friends is married to a Dutch guy, and that was how she described it. I don't speak German either, so knowing that isn't really a great deal of help anyway. They've taught me the odd word here and there but I'm not a great linguist so it's not really stuck.
  • Options
    rot op klootzak or kankerzooi

is that dutch :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]Thanks, AFKA, at least it will take my mind off the Championship when we're suffering mid-table mediocrity!

And Off_It, I've got him to agree to take me to Amsterdam for a weekend to see Ajax play there instead...

Most people I know don't go to Amsterdam 'just' for the FOOTBALL, weegie...... ;-)
  • Options
    No, we'll enjoy a good few Heinekens while we're there too.

Or were you thnking of something else...?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]No, we'll enjoy a good few Heinekens while we're there too.

Or were you thnking of something else...?

Maybe purchase a nice pair of wooden cloggs?
  • Options
    Good idea, Stu, and some tulip bulbs for the garden.
  • Options
    Yeah, black tulips are great, bought some back last time I was in Amsterdam.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mate went to this last year Said Dennis was shit

As i told him he is a bottle job now he agrees with me