Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Saturday's Team

edited October 2006 in General Charlton
As I'm sliding down the posters table, all my own fault you understand, blame me not the players, I thought I'd start a thread on who we thought should play on saturday.

This game is big and I think we need players of character out there who will battle for the win if necessary:

Carson

Young
Fortune
Diawara (if fit El K if not)
HH

Romm
Faye
Kish
Thomas (I fancy him to rise to the occasion if selected he also wins us a lot of free kicks)

Bent D
Hasselbaink (he has been involved in most of our goals and chances eventhough he is a lazy b****r!)

Subs: Myrhe, El K (Hughes if Diawara unfit Holland if both Diawara and Ambrose unfit), Reid, Ambrose (if fit Hughes if not), Bent M

Comments

• Options
    I don't want to get into chopping and changing for the sake of it, which is why I'd stick with Reid - I think he will get better the more he plays. That said I would like to see some changes
    - it's time Marcus Bent replaced JFH
    - Hughes out for Pouso or Kish
    - Traore/Sorondo/Fortune in for El Karkouri

Carson
    Young, Diawara, Hreidarsson, Traore
    Rommedahl, Faye, Kish, Reid
    Marcus, Darren
  • Options
    You just Knew Len was gonna slip Kish in their somewhere..........it's ok mate I agree he should play at the moment.
  • Options
    [cite] Salad Spinner:[/cite]I don't want to get into chopping and changing for the sake of it, which is why I'd stick with Reid - I think he will get better the more he plays. That said I would like to see some changes
    - it's time Marcus Bent replaced JFH
    - Hughes out for Pouso or Kish
    - Traore/Sorondo/Fortune in for El Karkouri

Carson
    Young, Diawara, Hreidarsson, Traore
    Rommedahl, Faye, Kish, Reid
    Marcus, Darren

I didn't consider Traore as I thought he was still injured!
  • Options
    I think that Dowie had the right idea when he went 4-3-3 against pompey, just didn't have the players to make it work.

I'd like to see:-

Carson
    Young, Diawara, Elk, HH
    Faye, Pouso or Kish, Reid or Ambrose
    Rommedahl, DB, Thomas

I have never had a problem with us playing one up front. The problem was that under Curbs the wingers were never given licence to push up and support DB. They got bogged down with a defend first mentality, Bent was left isolated and the only outlet was the long ball.

I think that under Dowie, the wingers will be given more attack minded instructions with Faye and Pouso or Kish providing a solid base. Reid or Ambrose to pass it about and make the runs from midfield.
  • Options
    Watford ...!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Just shouting Watford surely cant count as a post. Can you knock one off from Riscardos tally please?
  • Options
    Hows that for a pointless post ...
  • Options
    That's definately a post .... rack them up
  • Options
    Oh and I've got this story about Paul Robinson if you're interested ...
  • Options
    Is he avin a laugh...is he avin a laugh...!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I have lost track with who is out for how long!
  • Options
    [cite] Salad Spinner:[/cite]I have lost track with who is out for how long!

I have too, the club dont really let ya know do they?? Would be nice to see how sorondo and gibbs are doing, aswell as he very important Traore. Once he comes back in, we can get rid of HH (the square robot man) from Left back.
  • Options
    and what's going on with ambrose, disappeared without a trace....
  • Options
    Thanks man.
  • Options
    God i'm sad- but i'm boosting my post count!
  • Options
    indeed you are
  • Options
    Indeed we all are!
  • Options
    i'm never posting a table up again !!
  • Options
    indeed you won't
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite] AFKA Bartram:[/cite]i'm never posting a table up again !!

Thats just not fair bartram, ok do it as a Private just for my gratification.