Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Good to see

boxing back on proper telly again so we can all watch it!

That Maccarinelli Braithwaite fight was really enjoyable and a credit to both of them.

Maccarinelli has the potential to go a long way. Brathwaite was a world champion himself and is no mug .

Comments

• the whole card was good len,would not surprise me if that get khan up at light welter to fight rees,macca is coming on bundles,and alex arthur was sublime.
  • Can't explain why, but have only ever been interested in Heavyweight boxing and only World title fights at that, despite having a World Light Heavyweight Champion in my family tree and much of the rest of my family being into it.

What's the appeal for you guys?
  • tried to do a bit (badly) myself as a kid so started watching from an early age to try and improve but really Ali (or Clay as he was known then) got me into it. I still vividly remember the excitement of the first Cooper fight when our 'Enery almost knocked him out and getting up in the middle of the night to watch the Liston fights. Ali was something else and a hero to anyone of a certain age who took even a passing interest in boxing. Then there was also British interest when Chris Finnegan, John Conteh and Alan Minter amongst others came along and had some success.

After that it has always been a sport I like to watch.

I find it a sport you can watch on a number of levels. There is the primitive appeal of a couple of sluggers slogging it out which I thought tonight's cruiser weight contest would be like contrasted with watching a really good defensive boxer like Herol Graham some years back seemingly scarcely take a punch.

Who are you descended from / related to?
  • Yeah haven't watched boxing in a while really enjoyed it last night
  • Frenchman George Carpentier on my Nan's side.
  • Love the boxing, and for i'd watch anything BUT the heavies. Embarrassing out of shape huge blokes who can only sum up the energy to throw a windmill four times a round.
  • AFKA, get yourself a vid/DVD of the greatest - Mohamed Ali, sharp as a pin and lighter on his feet than a Palace fan on the run.
  • sugar ray leonard best fighter ever.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Love the boxing, and for i'd watch anything BUT the heavies. Embarrassing out of shape huge blokes who can only sum up the energy to throw a windmill four times a round.

You sure????
    bloody hell even i like a bit of heavy weight and wouldnt describe it as that! cheeky mucker!