Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Positve Wednesday Thoughts Thread

Ok-

After the Football Hangover has subsided- we need to get back to the Happy Positive lot we normally are. Only positive thoughts allowed please

Positive thoughts only- Charlton or non charlton related.

1/ http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_2/table/default.stm

2/We only have to play Arsenal, Manure, Chelski, Bolton, Portsmouth Bolton, Villa, Fulham once more this season

3/ I don't feel nearly as rubbish as i did yesterday and can actually get something done

Comments

• Options
    4. Doesnt matter whether you win lose or draw it is an excuse to get away from the mrs for a few hours, and on the piss.
  • Options
    tomorrow will be the start of my new era as a non-smoker.

In a couple of months i will hopefully of reclaimed the stunted growth that i have sadly delayed in the past 17 years !
  • Options
    5. Have just been offered a Chelski v Barca ticket & told my mate thanks but no thanks, I am really looking forward to night in with a nice cooked meal Sausage Casserole with Creamed Mashed Potato, I get excited about things like food.
  • Options
    I am still positive on our future because Dowie's cliches i still find mildly amusing.

When they start to wind me up, then we are doomed. FACT.
  • Options
    AFKA - How many times have you tried to give up? If it is in the back of your mind that you are just seeing how long you can go for - then dont bother putting yourself through it - if you know that you will never smoke again then go for it and good luck!!

You must have it in your head that you will never smoke again!!
  • Options
    [cite] Ketman:[/cite]5. I am really looking forward to night in with a nice cooked meal Sausage Casserole with Creamed Mashed Potato, I get excited about things like food.

Another positive- The ability this board has to make me laugh out aloud so everyone in my office thinks i have gone mad!
  • Options
    Just looking at Stanmore's list (substituting West Ham for one of the Boltons!) all those teams (except maybe Fulham) are likely to finish top half come May.

That means our fixtures, in theory at least, must get easier!
  • Options
    I'm with 1905 AFKA - this must be getting close to double figures on the old quit smoking.

Good luck again. 2 years for me now.
  • Options
    Good luck Dan, I gave up in 1998 just before the Sunderland game and knew that if I didn't need one then when would I? 8 years on and although I get the odd craving (very few and far between) it does get easier after the first month or so.
  • Options
    i'm setting myself up for another public fall here !

yesterday morning convinced me. woke up feeling like death, yet i'd only had 6 pints at fulham. The sick feeling was not from the booze but from the fact i'd smoked over 20 fags in just one evening.

Its got to go. Just don't expect me to join in any positivity threads for a while as i'm going to be a miserable bar steward :-)

And don't expect being 2-0 down to Watford to help much either...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cough (no pun intended!)

Positive wednesday thoughts thread?

Seriously AFKA- Reward yourself with something you want for going a month- and it makes alot of sense to see your GP- they are bonused to reduce the % of smokers in their practice and can really help- i know 3 people who have stopped this way!
  • Options
    sounds like you've given up giving up before you have given up! work that one out lol
  • Options
    [cite] 1905:[/cite]4. Doesnt matter whether you win lose or draw it is an excuse to get away from the mrs for a few hours, and on the piss.

Nail on head D!
  • Options
    i did notice you chaining through the game!! (most of your ash went on my coat which was on the floor the row in front.... you should be thankful i'm not one of those annoying anti smoking ex smokers! :-)

its been 14 months for me. still got a fag in my top drawer at work, and absolutely nothing makes me want to smoke it. its been there since the day i gave up. if you think you can do that, then go for it!

its just the habits you need to break, ie. waiting for train, walking to station, lunchtime fag, morning break etc, if you can do the major habits for a week, then you're well on your way, whilst you're feeling positive about giving up, go to a big social night out where drink and smokers will be, and like al says above, if you can get through that you can get through anything

good luck!
  • Options
    i'm 30 tomorrow and i'm looking forward to it, word on the street is your 30s are better than your 20s.
  • Options
    6. Welling are going to knock out Hornchurch in the replay tonight,
    The Sun will be drooling over the champagne football,
    the Hornchchurch keeper will lose his rag with the urchins behind the goal,
    the grotburger will be packed with onions,
    the bovril will burn my tongue,
    hopefully it will turn really cold and my toes will tingle when i get back in the car, Riscardo will be on top form screaming the length of the pitch to the Hornchurch fans that if he wanted to sing, he would of joined a bleedin choir.
    There will be a mass brawl on the pitch with multiple sending offs.

You can't beat midweek non-league football !
  • Options
    Are you going cold turkey Dan?

My missus gave up on her 30th birthday (2 yrs ago) and did it with hypnotherapy. Hasn't even had a one single craving since!
  • Options
    `My missus gave up on her 30th birthday (2 yrs ago) and did it with hypnotherapy. Hasn't even had a one single craving since!'

But what about her smoking?
  • Options
    LOL! Good point.

Shame the hypnotherapy did help her with spending all my money and nagging me all the time.

I wonder if I could convince her to go to BJ hypnotherapy
  • Options
    [quote][cite] CharltonDan:[/cite]LOL! Good point.

Shame the hypnotherapy did help her with spending all my money and nagging me all the time.

I wonder if I could convince her to go to BJ hypnotherapy[/quote]

Ha Ha Classic, I would imagine whoever set something like that up would do very well financially, you should Patent that Dan.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2006
    And I can just imagine the hypnotherapist - "we'll just try practicing that one more time Mrs CD!"
  • Options
    I may just do that Ketman! Get some training myself and start a new career...

CD - "Look into my eyes. Not around the eyes, in eyes. You're under"

"Mrs D you will give me head every evening at 9.30, apart from when there's football on, when it'll be moved back to 10.30"

Mrs CD - "Fuck off Dan"