Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dowie and morale

edited October 2006 in General Charlton
Reports today that Dowie's future will be reviewed after next two league games (Watford and Newcastle) after the terrible start (Mail) and several papers are stating that Luke Young is now saying that morale is at rock bottom after the defeat at Fulham - a complete reversal of reports just a couple of days ago.

Does anyone think there is any truth in this or is it just the usual media speculation and general bullsh*t?

Comments

• Options
    team do look low in confidence to me...
  • Options
    the article in the Sun says confidence is low but morale is good among team.. not sure what that means.
  • Options
    If I was playing in that team with our current lightweight midfield I'd be pretty depressed too. As an attacker you're getting no service and no-one else chipping in with the odd goal and if you are a defender in our makeshift defence you are getting precious little protection! It needs sorting out big-time - we need to grind out a win however we can get it. Might not be pretty but has to be done.

I admire Dowie for trying to be expansive with two up and wingers but it isn't working with the current available personnel. Maybe when we have a full complement to select from it might be different but I don't think it is workable at present!
  • Options
    "the article in the Sun says confidence is low but morale is good among team.. not sure what that means."

It seems to mean that they think they are shite but nonetheless are quite enjoying themselves.

All this tabloid stuff is crap, the majority of views on netaddicks are crap..................I am just praying that we beat Watford and can start moving forward!!
  • Options
    indeed. they love a good story. we have a new manager, one win etc etc. as you said yesterday you're enjoying this season, so am i. Look at everton last year... how many games did they lose?

last year at football us girls used to sit and chat about our love lives/knitting/hangovers/promotions - anything but the tedium on the pitch... much to the annoyance of our neighbours.

i know exciting football still means we have to win some games but come the end of november and we still havent won any - then panic!!!
  • Options
    i feel that the structure in place will greatly benefit the club in the long-term, the problem is we have to get through this short-term sticky patch.

Changing managers every two minutes is pathetic, you need continuity. But we also need a short-term impact.
  • Options
    The story on Sky Sports seems ok, yeah the players are hurting, but they've got confidence in the manager, and they think it'll turn round.
  • Options
    don't understand all the confidence in the manager stuff from players whenever things go wrong.

surely players need confidence in themselves and their teammates ?