Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

M F SIGH

edited July 2007 in Not Sports Related
What is it with these muppets?
Kitchen delivered on 15th June... two wall units short. Promised 7th July.
7th July no units, promised this Friday 20th July.
Just called them so I can book my kitchen fitter (ducting for hood etc goes over these units and pelmet/cornice rail not yet fitted) and they say 20th August. ARRRRRRRRRRRRGH !!

Question is, what the f**k can I do about it? All the small print I've read is a one way 'you must this, you must that, we reserve the right.....'.

Go anywhere but MFI.

Comments

• Absolutely bugger all, i'm afraid Stone :-(

Too late for you, but go IKEA unless you go very expensive.
  • Stone phone up MFI parts department and see if you can privately buy them. I bet you they could supply the parts straight away.
  • TT
    edited July 2007
    Just be thankfull it's not B&Q. Bloke in the office spent 6months trying to have his kitchen fitted, kicked up such a stink he must have had about 40% of the cost returned. He was speaking to the cheif execs office reguarlly.

If you kick up enough of a fuss they'll sort you out even if they say they won't at first

There is probably some decent advice here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/ (also great for bank charges reclaiming)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-stores/102572-mfi-byfleet-2007-a.html
    http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-stores/103114-elaine-mfi-advice-please.html
  • Ordered shower bath and bed for my little girl from them, arranged delivery date
    when i paid, took the day off, did they turn up, did they hell...

Phoned em, said there was no record of arranging a date for the bed... mmm.. asked
    em why would i pay for something and not arrange a delivery date.... bloke couldn't answer that...

They blamed the supplier of the bath, problem was with them...

Asked for a refund of the delivery charge... refused point blank... not there policy to refund charges.....

Company is a joke, was thinking about a new kitchen in the new year.... def not from there now!
  • [cite]Posted By: T[/cite]Just be thankfull it's not B&Q. Bloke in the office spent 6months trying to have his kitchen fitted, kicked up such a stink he must have had about 40% of the cost returned. He was speaking to the cheif execs office reguarlly.

If you kick up enough of a fuss they'll sort you out even if they say they won't at first

There is probably some decent advice here -http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/(also great for bank charges reclaiming)

Some good bedtime reading there T, cheers.
  • Write to the store manager and deliver the letter by hand, tell him you will send the story to the local press if he does not respond within 48 hours. And if he does not, carry out the threat. It worked for me with B&Q a few years ago.
  • Had this problem once before. the next time I ordered anything from them I made sure that I got the name of the person involved and got them to note that they had told me it was a guaranteed delivery date and that if it did not all turn up on that date then I will return it all.

Delivery turned up with some items missing. I made a call and was told there is no such thing as a guaranteed delivery date and I would have to wait about 6 weeks for the missing bits. Told them to look at the note on the system and that the bits the did deliver would be in the front garden for them to pick up whenever they were ready to come and get them.

I was then put on hold for a couple of minutes before being told nicely that the missing parts will arrive the following day - which they did.

We also had a nightmare with a kitchen company we used years ago, eventually we threatened to take them and the finance company to small claims court before they got everything sorted and gave us a wad of cash to make me feel better.
  • Had the same problem with a fire and surround from Homebase - got a call on the morning they were to deliver telling me it was out of stock; rearranged the date there and then. New date came and got another call at 5.15 PM telling me it was out of stock (see a pattern here???). Set another date and they did turn up - unloaded '1 of 4', '2 of 4', '4 of 4' .... erm, excuse me, and '3 of 4' (i.e. the mantle surround) is where???? Not on the lorry .... f*ing grrrrr. Heard nothing from them for a fortnight despite me calling Homebase daily - speaking to a different person every time and having to relay the same story. In the end managed to get the name and number of the distributer though this didn't help as he would never actually speak to me. Resulted in sending a shitty fax to Homebase which they responded to after 10 days. 3 days later my surround turns up and scribbled on the faxed delivery notice was "this is the one who claims hasn't received it" ....
  • [cite]Posted By: Red Riding Hoodie[/cite]Had the same problem with a fire and surround from Homebase - got a call on the morning they were to deliver telling me it was out of stock; rearranged the date there and then. New date came and got another call at 5.15 PM telling me it was out of stock (see a pattern here???). Set another date and they did turn up - unloaded '1 of 4', '2 of 4', '4 of 4' .... erm, excuse me, and '3 of 4' (i.e. the mantle surround) is where???? Not on the lorry .... f*ing grrrrr. Heard nothing from them for a fortnight despite me calling Homebase daily - speaking to a different person every time and having to relay the same story. In the end managed to get the name and number of the distributer though this didn't help as he would never actually speak to me. Resulted in sending a shitty fax to Homebase which they responded to after 10 days. 3 days later my surround turns up and scribbled on the faxed delivery notice was "this is the one who claims hasn't received it" ....

That's terrible. What did you do about it? I would've gone absolutely crackers at that, what with everything else.
  • To be honest Off_it, I was just pleased to finally have the bloody thing; I did make a shitty comment to the guy who delivered it but thought better of pursuing it with him as he was just the messenger after all. There was no point in me phoning the distributor as he had never spoken to me anyway! And the lady at Homebase who took on my case did follow up with calls to me after to check it had arrived. Would definately think twice about using Homebase again for anything that I couldnt collect from a store myself (my goods were only available via order and delivery). And I made that pretty clear in my original fax!