Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Blackadder

Was the last epoisode of Blackadder the one where they went over the top, and if so, was that really made in 1989?????

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2007
    Yes

1989?!?! Jesus that makes me feel old!

Blackadder: Now, where the hell are we?

George: Well, it's difficult to say, we appear to have crawled into an area marked with mushrooms.

Blackadder: [patiently] What do those symbols denote?

George: Pfff. That we're in a field of mushrooms?

Blackadder: Lieutenant, that is a military map, it is unlikely to list interesting flora and fungi. Look at the key and you'll
    discover that those mushrooms aren't for picking.

George: Good Lord, you're quite right sir, it says "mine". So,these mushrooms must belong to the man who made the map.

Blackadder: Either that, or we're in the middle of a mine-field.

Baldrick: Oh dear.

George: So, he owns the field as well?
  • Options
    Wasn't there a special in 2000 for the dome?
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    [cite]Posted By: pickwick[/cite]Wasn't there a special in 2000 for the dome?

Yeah. It was crap. Really just a promo for the Dome.
    I wouldn't rule out another series one day. Set in the 50's or 60's maybe.

What was your fav series? I think mine was Blackadder III, with the Prince Regent etc..
  • Options
    Rumour I heard was that Atkinson wanted to do Blackadder as a modern day MP but Rik "I'm not that funny anymore" Mayall had already done Alan B'Stard.

Tudor Blackadder was good. That one or the WWI version.
  • Options
    Goes fourth was the best, IMHO
  • Options
    Black Adder II the best, followed by IV. I still fill up when they go over the top in the last episode of IV.

Don't forget the Dickensian Christmas special - Blackadders Christmas Carol from 1990 - another classic.

Blackadder II (from memory)

Father (to "Bob"): "Oh please go on the game... the hours are good, and you can work from home..."
    -----------
    Baldrick: "By fortunate coincidence it missed both my legs completely, and hit me in the willie"

Blackadder: " Oh good, you can call it your "lucky willie""
    -----------

Percy: "The trend this season is towards the tiny"

Blackadder: "In that case Percy, you have the most fashionable brain in London"
  • Options
    Not many people know this, but there was no Blackadder IV planned until a student sent in a pilot script that he;d written himself. They loved the idea and hey presto....