Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Watford 6 Pointer Yes or No?

edited October 2006 in General Charlton
I say YES more for reasons of confidence though than fear of us being too far adrift if we draw or lose.

A win could just be the catalyst we need.

Comments

• I still think we'll win, and hopefully West Ham can keep up the bad run, plus they've got some minging games coming up
  • it's not a six pointer just because of the time of the season.

it is however a must win game
  • i'm agreeing with everything WSS says today, which is worrying because he normally talks rubbish :-)

If Watford have any sense about them, they will get ten men behind the ball and let the crowd win them the game. Frustration will kick in after 20 mins, the crowd will start moaning, and players will start to hide.

And the Chris Powell will score a 30-yarder....
  • ....header
  • Losing on Saturday is unthinkable.
  • Its my birthday Friday and losing would cause me to get into the bad kind of drunken stupor
  • are you out celebrating your birthday on saturday?

we're out celebrating a b'day in greenwich on saturday night, a few people off this board are coming too, (seeing as its someone off this boards 30th b'day), so can't imagine if we lose we'll all be sitting around with glum faces on for the evening!!

we must win!
  • Defo a must win game...
  • Yep it's a must win already cos many more losses & the players will start turning up 'Expecting' to lose.
  • [cite] Ketman:[/cite]Yep it's a must win already cos many more losses & the players will start turning up 'Expecting' to lose.

not 'expecting to lose', but i definately feel a fear mentality will creep in on saturday if the first 20 minutes isn't positive.

They can say as much as they like about what a happy camp it is etc and that may be true during the week, but once the whistle blows its a totally different story.
  • Sponsored links:

• i thought that fulham was a must win game
  • we'll lose... again
  • "we'll lose... again"

Mr Optimistic!! How many were down the Red Barn on Monday night?
  • a few people..
    myself, german, DS, JL, etc etc
  • We lose 1-0 from a powell screamer!!
    Do we still have to cheers his post match jumping chearing thingy??
  • don't ! i don't think i could take it, i'd be suicidal.

Powelly scores from 30 yards and half the north upper promptly jump from the top
  • CAN EVERYONE STOP TEMPTING FATE WITH THIS POWELL SCORING A SCREAMER ....... PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • And yes it is a six pointer ....... remeber if we had beaten Southampton when we went down in 98/99..... IF we had beaten them then we would have stayed up..... that turned out to be 10 million pounder !!!

and yes I think I may have just cracked........
  • cheers ollie
    didn't know it was supposed to be a secret old boy, now i've removed it i feel like a top secret agent!!
  • MCSMCS
    edited October 2006
    Secret agent, nice one dood!
  • Sponsored links:

• If there was a table showing goals scored against teams by ex-players, I reckon we'd be pretty close to top....... You just know Powelly is going to score, just like we did with Jensen on Monday!