Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

VIP Stylee at the o2 tomorrow

My first visit to the o2 and have managed to blag 2 VIP tickets (box and everything) from a girl i know who works at the National Sporting Club.

A night of boxing!

THE VACANT WBO WORLD FEATHERWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
NICKY COOK V STEVEN LUEVANO

THE COMMONWEALTH HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
MATT SKELTON V MICHAEL SPROTT

THE COMMONWEALTH LIGHTWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
WILLIE LIMOND V AMIR KHAN

Willie Limond's Commonwealth lightweight title will be up for grabs as superstar Amir Khan steps up in class to tackle the talented Scotsman in his first major lightweight fight.

Comments

• Options
    it pays off being a bit of a tart sometimes then eh?
  • Options
    i knew a girl would fit in somewhere..... :-)

decent bill, have a good night.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]it pays off being a bit of a tart sometimes then eh?
    She is a friend i went to school with, i don't do funny business. All Sco's fault this reputation!
  • Options
    "She is a friend"

Yeah right'o ! Who you trying to convince, us or yourself?! ;-)
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited July 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]"She is a friend"

Yeah right'o ! Who you trying to convince, us or yourself?! ;-)
    or my missus ;-)

I'm happily settled thank you and have been for over a year now!
  • Options
    i looked at getting me and Tav tickets last week. cheapest left were over 100 quid so couldnt really afford it.

shame. last boxing match went to was years ago at the Docklands watching Benn v someone he won against... ermmm it will come to me in a min.

but anyway in the words of LORD AWKWARD

IT IS JUST A HALL - GET OVER IT
  • Options
    Winners for the night will be Cook (dur a lot more recognition than he has recieved thus far)

Skelton (does not go down , is a dirty, hard b*stard, Sprott won't last beyond 7 rounds)

Khan (won't be easy but will have too much for Limond who's past his best)
  • Options
    Good night twas.

Boxing fans are a bit weird though. Though were three fights before the doors even opened that had to be thrown out.

Nicky Cook fight was excellent, the bloke he was fighting was good though and a deserved winner.

Amir Khan, obviously a big fight and even though he looked in trouble for a round or so he done well. There was a contingent of Scottish fans (150/200) in front of the box who sang theeir hearts out. When they sang flower of scotland it was excellent. Classic of "you;re not singing any more" when Khan put him down though!

Heavyweight fight was terrible and the boos, "you're shit and you know you are", "what a waste of money", "just two fat blokes" was all well deserved.

Pretty drunk and made the mistake of getting a bus all the way back to bexleyheath - it took me ages.

Not a bad arena for boxing, top tier was not open and i would have thought only 10,000 in there for the Khan fight.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Boxing fans are a bit weird though. Though were three fights before the doors even opened that had to be thrown out.

don't understand that ??
  • Options
    I watched the Limond v Khan fight on TV. Another good reason why ITV should never be allowed to do sport. Missed the towell being thrown in in the rush to show adverts. hardly any replays or analysis.

Have lost interest in boxing down the years but really enjoyed Limond v Khan. Nice touch from Khan's ring man carrying Limond around on his shoulders.

Made the mistake of watching a bit of the heavyweight fight and realised why I don't follow boxing any more. So poor.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    nor do i.

What i meant to say is that there were three fights before the doors even opened in the foyer (people were just queuing up). I know its probably no different to what you get at a football game. Sounds absurd but i didnt expect to come across people fighting at a boxing event.