Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Why Hughes!?

edited October 2006 in General Charlton
I know its been said before - but can someone please tell me why Dowie (and Curbs for that matter) insists on starting Hughes! He's lazy (strolls around), regularly gives the ball away, attempts little flicks that never work and looks like 'he's in a world of his own' - last night he put in one good cross and that was it....Holland at least shows some interest and committment - and we really need Ambrose in there...anyone but Hughes....

Comments

• Options
    I'd have Holland over Hughes at the moment.
  • Options
    I have always wondered why certain players get into the side over otheres who you feel should be in ahead of the managers choice. I have a little story from China when Charlton went on tour it is regarding our strikers at the time. My dad was watching training in one of the stadiums when they were doing shooting practice. Simple exercise Deano in Goal with one of the coaches laying balls to the forwards to run onto & hit first time from the edge of the box with Deano doing his level best to save. They all do it ten times, Bartlett converted 6 out of 10 (Not Bad), the one that surprised me was JJ 10 out of 10 each one top corner bottom corner, Deano not a prayer with any of them. Try not to laugh now but Lisbie was 0 out of 10 & Deano did not have to save any of them all blasted high wide & handsome.
    Anyway my point is players get picked primarily for what they are like at training throughout the week, conclusion Hughes must be a brilliant Trainer..!
  • Options
    Well we all know that training isn't quite the same as playing in the real thing! Liked the story though...
  • Options
    Surely he is pony at playing games, is the weak link to our team, surely he must be dropped with Kak, Hasslewank and if i see holland coming on i will just cry. When he came on he did sweet FA, just run around trying not to get his shorts dirty.
  • Options
    Pouso may prove to be the long term solution but until then Kish HAS to play.

He is better than both Hughes and Holland and he gives a toss.
  • Options
    Kish is officially better than holl and Hughes, fact
  • Options
    JJ was an excellent finisher. Best since Super Clive prior to Benty's arrival so no surprise to hear that.

Remember his finishing in the 4-4 with the Happy Hammers - clinical.

If he could have been a bit more physical he would have been a 20 goal a season man.

Do our players not train in the gym or use dietary supplements. Compare the size of them to teams like Bolton and Blackburn who are clearly on the creatine etc? Football is going the way if rugby where size matters and we were getting left behind hence Dowie's attempt to get some bigger lumps into our side.

As for Lisbie. LOL - no need to comment further