Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fight on the train this morning....

edited October 2006 in General Charlton
Middle-aged woman started hitting a teenage girl because " she's leaning on me and it hurts"....then started with racial abuse. She didn't make many friends. The young girl got off at Lewissham in tears, very sad.

Comments

• Options
    If animals had to travel in cramped conditions there would be protests. Why should decent hardworking people have to do it?

Both these women are victims of the incompetence of successive governments cocking up their interpretations of EU edicts.
  • Options
    It's been a couple of years since I done any 'Peak Time commuting' but on the tube going to game last night was horrendous, I was sweating like a bloke on Death Row.
  • Options
    Get on yer push bike like I did last night and do every morning, its not that dangerous if you take it easy,
  • Options
    I don't see what the EU has to do with it!
    But we could do with extra taxes to fund massive improvements in public transport, big shame it has all been privatised though.
  • Options
    [cite] Ketman:[/cite]It's been a couple of years since I done any 'Peak Time commuting' but on the tube going to game last night was horrendous,

Be grateful you didn't have to endure Riscardo's 'ping it' story, which lasted from Embankment to Parson's Green :-)
  • Options
    i was sweating like a blind lesbian in a fish shop on the tube to the game. funny but the tube back was just as busy but no beading at all, i think alcohol must be a super-efficient regulator of the body's core temperature, either that or I'm aggrophobic when sober!!!

plenty of sceptics (maybe Canadians) in Charlton colours on the tube to the game last night, and not one mention of power-plays, goaltenders or deeeee-fence. i was shocked to say the least....
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    [cite] Salad Spinner:[/cite]I don't see what the EU has to do with it!
    But we could do with extra taxes to fund massive improvements in public transport, big shame it has all been privatised though.

Essentially the EU (via the Commission) issued a directive insisting on separation of the accounting function between operating and maintenance companies.

Major's Tory Government complied with this by privatising the railways. Nine years of Labour has done nothing much to change things.

Link

Brian Denny's letter is the relevant one although it is all worth a read for trainspotters like us:-)
  • Options
    Oi ... it was a very moving story.

You should have got the 11:30 tube from Putney Bridge, it was empty
  • Options
    Sounds like the same bright-spark thinking which is leading us down to a wrecked, privatised Royal Mail.

Trouble is, mind, is that about half of all people on rush hour trains are utter arseholes, who can't be arsed to think of other people. I'm lucky because I travel very early. But last week the train *before* mine was seriously delayed, and I rolled up to the station to hear that it was going to arrive in a few minutes, but was going to run non-stop to London Bridge, presumably because it was so overcrowded and late.

The train pulled in - the first two carriages were rammed, but the other eight were pretty much okay, once you'd fought through the mental crush by the doors! Act like cattle, and you get treated like cattle.