Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Positives from Last Night

edited October 2006 in General Charlton
Come on, there must be some, surely ???

I'll start:

It was mild

Comments

• Options
    Didnt take too long to get a beer at the Eight Bells...

...hold on.
  • Options
    Diawarra looked Rufusesq in places... although unfortunatly being outpaced by Jensen wasn't one of them.

Jt is back. Bent clearly cares and I managed to finish my presentation for a Job interview today.
  • Options
    I never got beat up by anyone i convinced to go to the game
  • Options
    i was at the cinema and quite enjoyed the departed.
  • Options
    One of Roms best games

pay on the gate

quick service at the bar if a little over priced

Diawarra thought looked very commanding, noticed that he had cramp shortly before the second goal think it was el kak helping him with it.

Sit where you like (even if i did go into the worng half at first due to arriving late)

We are creating chances and on another night could have walked away with the points
  • Options
    Bent & Rommedahl making two youngsters nights by handing them their shirts at the end of the game.
  • Options
    Dowie is getting the best out of Romm

Bent and Romm did want to do it for the fans, fisted salutes, shirts off at the end etc, Romm did look gutted.

Diawara played ok

Reid looked ok in that little spell but doesnt look a 90 minute player.

Fans creating a half decent atmosphere for once.
  • Options
    Apart from the lapses in defence, I thought we played well. JFH had a stinker....
  • Options
    [cite] Oracle:[/cite]Apart from the lapses in defence, I thought we played well. JFH had a stinker....

Totally agree. We can't afford to miss the number of chances that we did and still expect to win. If Reid had scored early in the second half, we would've won. I'm convinced about that. Fulham were nothing. They had a 10 minute purple patch when Jensen came on but that was it. Unfortunately, that's when they scored their goals. Absolutely gutted by the result. The good thing is that we haven't been cast adrift at the bottom and one win will push us up the table. I'm still convinced we can turn the corner and finish in mid-table just as Everton did last year.
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    I thought their movement and passing was much better than ours in the first period of the first half. Couldn't see us scoring though, our midfield seem totally reluctant to shoot or put in a low cross, always passing back or lumping an optimistic high ball in, which the 9 feet tall Zat Knight easily dealt with - Sort it out Dowie!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Positives from last nigh: well ......................... er ........................ nah, sorry.
  • Options
    Positive from last night.....No Hangover this morning...!
  • Options
    yeah, great point!
    i'm not hungover today, just husky and knackered with puffy eyes. nothing worse than 2 day hangovers.
  • Options
    I'm surprised by the attitude on here. I thought that we were by far the better side last night but that we paid the price by not scoring when we were in control of the game.
  • Options
    [cite] Barn Door Lisbie:[/cite]I'm surprised by the attitude on here. I thought that we were by far the better side last night but that we paid the price by not scoring when we were in control of the game.

BDH- not sure we were "by far the better side last night" - and I think a lot of the "attitude" on here is due to the come down from the expectations of yesterday.

This game was quite rightly seen as a winnable game and the start of our renaissance, hence the turn out at CC. Today is the the day after the day that should have been, even the most hardy of Charlton fans have to be feeling down despite our normally blind optimism. In my experience a football hangover is far worse than an alcohol fuelled one.

I for one know i will feel much more optimistic when the hangover has gone tomorrow.
  • Options
    Fair comment and I was just as disappointed by last nights result as everyone else. The point I was trying to get at is that the general opinion is that there weren't any positives to be taken from last nights game and I don't think that is the case. I accept that many of the comments on here were made earlier in the day when post match depression was at it's highest!

I stick to the view that we were the better side last night and had we scored when we were on top, the outcome would have been different.
  • Options
    [cite] Barn Door Lisbie:[/cite] I stick to the view that we were the better side last night and had we scored when we were on top, the outcome would have been different.

And to be fair- i agree that if we had taken our chances in the first half, then you may well be right about the outcome! :-) (ish!)
  • Options
    I got interviewed by the Sky bloke. Stated three or four times that we are too good to go down.
  • Options
    We are not too good to go down. However I think BDL is right.