Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Thomas to man city?

edited July 2007 in Rumours
not sure how I feel on this one , would like to keep him but there are question marks over his atititude so he may not be up for playing in the championship.

If he is to go I'd like to see us put a big sell on percentage on the fee as I reckon if he knuckles down he could show that early promise was no fluke

Comments

• Options
    Do you think Jerome will knuckle down when we're one down at Scunthorpe, Colchester.....
  • Options
    If he is off I think we should get more than a million for him if one of the new money clubs, like Citeh, are after him
  • Options
    With the right attitude he could be agreat player in the CCC, but will he knuckle down?
  • Options
    It's a tough one - the boy's definitely got talent and I think he's a pleasure to watch at times - I'd much rather we hung on to him.

I know his attitude's been questioned at times but I reckon Pards could get the best out of him and if so I think we'd have one of the best wingers in the Championship on our hands.
  • Options
    Good point cfgs. If Sven really is prepared to throw some £ our way, we should make sure its a good wad. Felt JT actually applied himself a lot better under Pards, and even if the end product is often as absent as M Bent's heart, he's one of only a few who can really beat a man. That said, the man who said he was gonna do more for CAFC than Scott Parker might not fancy the CCC. Did anyone else notice the extraordinary difference in his performance at Chesterfield when he swappped his sulky hour on the right to his favoured left wing? Tore them apart at will after that .
  • Options
    Purely in footballing terms we should lose Ambrose before Thomas but like others have said, is the CCC his league? I agree that if we're going to offload him it would be stupid to sell him cheap.
  • Options
    I'm hoping that the Championship will be the making of Thomas.

He likes to showboat, we all know that, but someone with that type of ego likes to be a big fish in a small pool.

If he knuckles down he can achieve that. Even when playing badly he wins us a lot of free kicks.

I'd keep him but stand over him with a whip making sure that he trains properly!
  • Options
    another heartless twerp,dont give a flying about charlton,chip on his shoulder brigade.
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    [cite]Posted By: lucy lou[/cite]another heartless twerp,dont give a flying about charlton,chip on his shoulder brigade.

Couldn't have put it much better myself.

Gutless w***er, couldn't give a monkeys about us who pay his wages and couldn't give a toss about going to Crdiff on a Tuesday night and having to stand up and be counted
  • Options
    Probably the single most annoying player I've seen in a Charlton shirt, when he can be bothered he does it, when he doesn't it's painful.

Too many step overs with no quality at the end, plus he doesn't have the pace to be a real top quality player
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We are better off with £1M in the bank.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]I'm hoping that the Championship will be the making of Thomas.

He likes to showboat, we all know that, but someone with that type of ego likes to be a big fish in a small pool.

If he knuckles down he can achieve that. Even when playing badly he wins us a lot of free kicks.

I'd keep him but stand over him with a whip making sure that he trains properly!

I agree with Len. (for once!)
  • Options
    mr irving do you always have views like a club official,the guy is a prize twat.
  • Options
    He's a deserter, he should take some responsibility for last season ans stay.
  • Options
    i reckon he'll go if we get a half decent offer as we'll have ambrose, reid, sam, christensen and possibly sinclair as our wide men. i think it would be beneficial to his career to stay and fight but he may feel differently.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: lucy lou[/cite]mr irving do you always have views like a club official,the guy is a prize twat.

Boring. People have a go if I say I like a player and people have a go if I say I don't. Get over it.
  • Options
    ohhhhhhhhh er
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    even more boring
  • Options
    bless ya
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

I agree with Len. (for once!)

Can't have that! Thomas is crap!:-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hate reading comments like the above. Really hope the players don't view sites like this as i don't think it would benefit us one bit whatsoever.

I'm struggling to see how people judge Thomas as gutless, a deserter and a poor attitude and would love one of you knocking to break down to me examples of why you would accuse him of this. In fact, I'll happily put a defence and you tell me where i'm wrong.

Gutless ? Thomas is a flair player who plays wide, his job is not to go charging round the pitch like a bulldozer. Despite this, i've never seen him shirk a challenge or go hiding in a game, unlike someone who sometimes appears on the other flank. I've never seen him get rid of the ball as soon as he gets it because he doesn't want to be involved. He hasn't got the pace to beat a lot of defenders, his niche is to draw a defender one way, cut in the other way creating himself an extra yard to deliver. If you could criticise anything it would be that sometimes his delivery isn't as on the money as we would like it to be.

Attitude ? This seems to be based on his goal celebration, which does come across as arrogant, but everyone reacts differently when they score a goal. More importantly, in a game i've seen little petulance, no frustrated lunges, no mouthing off to team mates or the ref, heard no reports of him being a pain in the arse at the training ground, and has willingly played many times when not fully fit.

Deserter ? He said at the end of last season he wanted to stay here, and he is still here now. He wanted to move at the start of this year, and that is because he was out the team and the manager at the time never rated him or wanted him. I would want to leave in that situation, and if his attitude was that poor, he would of happily say in the reserves picking up his pay check.

If he stays, Jerome could be a massive influence on us. He has the ability to be a class above most in this league.

We really need to stop alienating some players and getting them onside.
  • Options
    Do you no him personally Afka dude, it sounds like you are defending him like you no him! If he reads this site, he will live, his 10k plus weekly wage will see to that. Its a messageboard, and if he was to read it he wouldnt give a rumours what no-marks like us are saying, he has got 10k (or whatever his wage is) in his sky each week and we dont! He wins we lose, he gets to shag well fit birds all the time with out having to even worry about anything (apart from praps the paps) but then he only plays for charlton, so wont be followed about too much by them, too busy with Danny Murphys film gigs)! Put yourself in his shoes,i just did, and all i thought 'sod them low lifes, i got a porsche and its all paid for, no tick, nice big house, good job what i love doing blah blah blah.

Although Afka i do make your post right, i think its the way he celebrates a goal as to why people think he is arrogant and a deserter, but i wouldnt worry about his feelings being hurt, he will surely get over that! I hope he stays, as he has got that talent combined with arrogance i like in a player. He just needs to sort out his goal celebration!
  • Options
    I would be happy to see Jerome stay and try to become reliable- every player has a price, maybe £1M is too low but I would sell for £2M. Sorry if you are reading this Jerome!
  • Options
    At the sponsors dinner last year (or was it year before?), Danny Murphy was talking about him to us...saying he thought he had great talent, but that he was surrounded by...and here's where my memory fails, in that I can't remember the exact words....but he was suggesting that he was surrounded by the 'wrong' people off the field who led him astray...

For what it's worth I would love him to stay and think he would be great for us next season, but I can't see him being here, he is talented and someone is going to come in and get him.
  • Options
    I'd like to see him stay, has quality.

No way am I saying I wouldn't swap my life to be a pro footballer, most people would. The grass is always greener and money doesn't make anyone happy , all players have pressures, they've been in the 'game' probably since they were 7/8.

Like any profession it's not so glamerous on the inside, this is the only life they know. If being a footballer instantly made you happy then you wouldn't have so many alcholics/gambers/depressives within the game.

Unless he is on massive wages I don't see how 1m is going to make a difference to us, would be much more usefull to have him available. Remember when Tord Grip mentioned him in an England context?
  • Options
    I don't like his attitude because I can't recall him wanting the ball away from home. Fair one, he's talented and shows willing at home but I think he's gutless because he doesn't want to know away from home. He's not the only one I know but that is something I don't like.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: lucy lou[/cite]another heartless twerp,dont give a flying about charlton,chip on his shoulder brigade.

Absolutely right. I observed him training last week from the footpath that runs besides the training ground. You could tell from his body language that he couldn't be bothered. Was walking when he should have been jogging and jogging when he should have been running. As soon as this lazy so-and-so is shipped out the better, as far as I'm concerned. If Man City are offering £1m, take the money and run.
  • Options
    £1m is far too cheap, for me Thomas is the sort of player good sides need. Hopefully this season his experiance will have grown and his final ball will improve because his ability to beat a man is probly the best in the team. I'm not interested in him tackling, I don't want him to. For me he's there to create chances, open a game up and scare other defences and maybe take some of the heat of the front Two as they have another worry on the wing. We have players in the team to tackle, I'd totally agree with AFKA Bartram on his attitude he has done nothing like Jermaine Defoe did when West Ham down when for me if he had this "chip on his shoulder" he'd have believed he was too big time for us now, but I've heard no complaints. I hope Jerome stays and will prove a few people wrong!
  • Options
    On the rare occasions that I have defended Kish in the past other posters have said something along the lines of he has a great attitude but lacks quality which we need to be successful.

Jerome, for all his perceived faults, has quality and we don't have a lot of that. Reid has quality but realistically how often will he be fit enough to play?

I reckon we need Jerome.
  • Options
    I think he's a luxury we can't afford. He can beat men all day long, do Cruyff terms in the middle of nowhere and 50 stepovers before attempting to put a cross in, but at the end of the day he has no end product. He's not a goal scoring winger in the Pires/Giggs mould, nor is he a great provider like Robben. No qualms about his attitude though.

With Reid and Sam, I think I'd rather have the extra £1m in the bank.